Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla parts ordering getting on my nerves.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the Tesla brand and got two 2013 Model S's a month ago to flip. I don't understand this onerous parts purchasing system at all and why they have it like this. I signed up for a business account and everything has to be ordered online. Ok, no big deal. But then it has to be shipped to you. I have three Tesla dealers within 20 minutes of me so why can't I just pick up the part instead of wait probably a week or more? It's just a simple cabin filter for each car. But the stupidest thing is that I have to make a separate order for each car. I can't just order TWO filters at once. I have to order a filter under one VIN and then another one under the second VIN and pay two $8.26 shipping charges. May have to reevaluate future deals. I wanted to like the cars, and I do, but no other brand has this annoying system of parts support.

Confusing problem. Why wouldn’t you want them shipped to you. Sounds easier to me than driving. As for ordering, I can order 10 for my car via the app with no issue. And as a flip, nobody would care What label is on a pleated air filter. Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Confusing problem. Why wouldn’t you want them shipped to you. Sounds easier to me than driving. As for ordering, I can order 10 for my car via the app with no issue. And as a flip, nobody would care What label is on a pleated air filter. Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.
I wouldn't wan't to wait a week for a part when I could go into any dealer and get them today, plus not have to pay a shipping charge. Maybe not a filter, but if I have something disassembled on the car so it can't be driven, I don't want to wait that. long.

OP, totally agree with u
Filter is besides the point here, any other part would be same issue n i had to deal with it too
They used to let me order thru app n pick up in store but last time they told me we can't do that anymore, please order online...
I think it might be something to do with business account...
Shipping wouldn't be such a problem if they were actually smart n put everything in one box, instead u get almost a box for each shipment n charge pretty penny for it... it is a joke at least as far as how they're handling this...
It's probably why ebay used oem prices are so high cause ordering thru tesla is a pain in the a**