Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plaid 200mph capable coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

oktane

Oct 25, 2016
USA

So there are rumors of Tesla perhaps one day unlocking Plaid top speed from 163mph to 200mph via software update.

It's likely that new tires will be required, and I'm wondering what currently comes on Tesla S Plaid with the 21" Arachnid wheels. Are these rated for 200 mph?

There are also rumors of active spoiler coming, which looks much nicer than the ill-fitted stick on CF spoiler.

Not that I plan to drive 200 mph, but wondering how people who take delivery in June-Sept will feel if Q4 Plaid's come 200mph capable....

I believe the Plaid+ was gonna have all the goodies: new batteries, active spoiler, red calipers and 200mph tires.

I believe the batteries are the problem and they had no choice but to cancel the Plus for now. Lawyers probably suggested the "Plaid+ is not needed" approach to avoid the bloodbath associated with Elon acknowledging problems with the new batteries.

Now with no timeline for the Plaid+ and new batteries, Tesla will likely turn to the Plaid and make it the top dog it was not meant to be. The active aero and wheel/tire combo for 200mph will be released once the current batch of Plaid is delivered. I think somewhere end of 2021 early 2022 there will be a track package option with the active aero, wheel/tire and red calipers. I just hope the track mode won't be limited to that package as this would suck donkey balls. I'm planning to buy a Plaid for a december delivery and the chances are that this package won't be available by the time my car arrives.

Reactions: CaliSurfer
This sounds like a likely time frame. One of the downfalls of being an early adopter in the Tesla world is that you don't get all the goodies that may come out in a rolling fashion. Very different than traditional car manufacturers where you are guaranteed at least one year of having all the features baked into your build.