Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plans Software Update to Cater to Campers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla plans to update its vehicles with a “party & camper mode” to make it more comfortable for owners using their electric car for shelter, Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted.

Tesla released a software update last year that allowed Climate Control tor run for an extended period of time while the vehicle is parked, but the new feature would take that concept further.

The feature would enable Tesla vehicles to maintain air flow, temperature, selective lights, music, and  power devices for 48 hours or more while parked. “Big batteries rock,” Musk said.

Musk didn’t provide further details or a timeline for the update.

Do you use your Tesla for camping?

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/Napier-Outdoors-Sportz-Person-Screen/dp/B00DVAFZTM

I think they make 2 sizes. Pretty solid construction. I weathersealed the seams on mine the day it arrived. No leaks so far.
We own a similar tent, and have pretty much given up on it. Most camping sites with power had no place to set up a tent adjacent to a place where the car could park. It just wasn't practical for us.

I'd be glad to sell ours...
spin_prod_1112922012

Dang, I've used mine quite a bit in many rv sites. with no issues.
the one thing i'll say is definitely roll with a couple tarps for the ground as most rv pull thrus are gravel. that protects the bottom of the tent and more importantly your sleeping bag. i now have a decent air mattress that solves that problem too.

I slept in my Model 3 the night before last. Very comfortable using a thin camping mattress and a sleeping bag. The slight incline of the folded seat back wasn't a problem. The weather was pleasantly cool, so no climate issues. I just had to find a spot that had no overhead lights. I don't have a roof sunshade.

Reactions: Cloxxki