Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Update 2022.36.1 Finally Lets You Track Your Energy Consumption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For years, Tesla owners have wanted to have an exact breakdown of their energy consumption and they've had to go to external apps such as TeslaFi. However, Tesla has finally decided to bring these features directly to their vehicles in Software Update 2022.36.1.

1. Energy App Improvements

Now, you can track the battery percentage consumed when driving and parked, by:
- Driving
- Climate
- Battery Conditioning
- Elevation
- Everything Else
Directly from your Tesla vehicle.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 2.38.03 PM.png

(Source: @dansev, Release Notes Thread)

This feature has been requested many times by Tesla roadtrippers and is often a point of confusion for those who leave their car overnight to find out it has consumed a noticeable amount of charge. Hopefully this quality-of-life change can finally put drivers at ease.

2. Cabin Overheat Protection

In addition to this, 2022.36.1 allows for the temperature at which the Cabin Overheat Protection feature activates to be configurable, with the options being at 85º F, 95º F, and 105º F.

3. Supercharging Map Update

The Tesla Supercharging map has now been updated to show the historical availability and supercharging price of each location, similarly to how Yelp and Google show the availability of a restaurant at any given time in each day.

This feature is particularly useful based on how difficult it can be for drivers to plan ahead when sets of stalls become suddenly unavailable.

4. Other Small Features

The Tesla app will now notify you if your car doors have been left open.

Last edited:
The new energy app is nice (although I really wish Tesla would start using greater contrast in the text, this grey on grey is tough to read). One issue I've noticed is a discrepancy in elevation. I recently plotted a route from Denver up to a small town at 9300' in the mountains 125 miles away and followed that route exactly. For some reason it said I used 3.1% more energy than expected. Otherwise it was pretty accurate and was suprising when it said to conserve energy to turn the cabin temp UP when it was 37 degrees outside. All that Colorado sunshine giving free heat.

The question is what other consumption is it attributing to elevation?
elevation energy.jpg

Reactions: timberlights
I don't understand who it was who first started all this grey-text-on-lighter-grey-background but it is SUPER annoying and hard to read.

But that's OK - on Apple, if you increase the contrast slider (when there is one) it actually makes it even LESS contrasting, eventually making everything wash completely out! It's like these designers just don't know AT ALL what the word "contrast" actually means!