Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla powerwall 2 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a phone call from a Tesla rep and said my powerwall referral is ready to be installed. I have an option to gift this to someone so I will see where the market is for this item.

I’d rather sell this locally so you can come to my house and do the transaction in person so if there is any problems, you know where I live.

I am asking $6000 and I live in the San Gabriel Valley. Feel free to reach out to me for any questions. Thanks

Yes you can gift them to someone now but you, as the referral winner, gets and pays for the 1099.

In my case I “earned” one and two immediate family members (same last name) gifted theirs to me for a total of 3. I had to sign the W9 to be taxed for all 3. The original “recipient” didn’t. So if you “buy” one, it may end up costing you more than buying from Tesla. Also you might not qualify for all these incentives that exist which lower the cost further.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Amit519 and Don TLR
Whatever the case may be, I am willing to sell this lower than what you would pay for whether you buy it from Tesla or a 3rd company with rebates/incentives. All you have to do is show me some type of sales order how much it would actually cost you to get it installed I will beat it.

Just received a phone call from a Tesla rep and said my powerwall referral is ready to be installed. I have an option to gift this to someone so I will see where the market is for this item.

I’d rather sell this locally so you can come to my house and do the transaction in person so if there is any problems, you know where I live.

I am asking $6000 and I live in the San Gabriel Valley. Feel free to reach out to me for any questions. Thanks

What do you reckon savings will be compared to getting a quote from Tesla or Solar installers? As some installers give one savings/discounts etc. also there is still 30% ITC for storage even if purchased after installing solar I believe. Just curious and good luck with sale.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Are these things really cost effective? It seems like it would take some time to recoup your investment?
Powerwalls are not an investment. You will never recoup your money through some sort of buy/sell electricity arbitrage with your local utility. These are for peace of mind in brown and black outs.