Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Premium Data Plan...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received a 1yr Tesla Premium data plan with our 2020 MSP. My question is can my hotspot WiFi phone provide our Tesla data while on the road. We have a good WiFi at our home which the Tesla connects to. The Tesla connection relies on LTE which we do not have good local towers at our location. I generally got one bar or no bars on my iPhone on ATT LTE. Verizon has the best connection at 2-3 bars. We recently switch to Verizon since ATT is doing away with 3G (normal connection speed at our location).

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays !!

M

The maps are of course a critical feature, but I really must also sing the praises of being able to watch Netflix when stuck waiting in the car. Doctor / dentist appointments now have you waiting in the car rather than a waiting room. Also, for any kids events like scouts when you find yourself with 45 minutes to kill, it’s a killer feature. Comfy seats, temperature controlled, nice screen, kickass sound. It’s better than my living room. Finally, if you find yourself stuck at a supercharger in the middle of nowhere with no amenities, it makes it much nicer.