Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Puddle Lights on Amazon Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they upgraded lights for the trip give you additional brightness, not the bling of lights with a Tesla logo - correct? And it sounds like you highly recommend them.

Would you recommend getting four of the puddle lights - one for each door? Any opinion on white vs red?

I was just on their website and apparently the lighting upgrades fit as follows...

2 for the trunk
2 for under the front seats
1 for the frunk (if you buy the 5 pack).

The website specificallys says their lights do not fit the light on the lift gate of the Model S. All these lights do is make the trunk brighter. If you think the trunk lighting is insufficient (as I did), then yes, I highly recommend them.

The puddle lights are a matter of taste. I believe @mrElbe has the red ones and they look great (he has a red car). I have a white car so I preferred the look of the white ones for my car but there really is no right answer for this. It is a matter of preference.

If we are ever in the same area, I'd be more than happy to let you see them in person so that you can determine if you like them.

Last edited:
Thanks - that's great info. I have a red Model S as well so the red may work for me. So do you think it makes sense to buy the 5 pack and then another 2 pack of puddle lights for the rear doors? May as well buy everything in one go to optimize the shipping costs.

Looks like I made a mistake in the 5 pack. I think what may make sense is to buy two of the four pack that has two puddle lights and two other LEDs. That would let me replace both front and rear doors, the two lights in the trunk and the lights under the seats. I don't really care about the frunk since I rarely use it.

Last edited:
But the lights on RPM and Amazon are the same, are they not?
Puddle lights are different insofar as they connect differently but they ultimately look the same in how they project.

I have no preference, so I'd say go with the cheaper version. If you are going to get 4 + 5 of the regular lights, I think you'll probably qualify for a discount from RPM so that might make it worthwhile.

The ONLY haters are the competitors in Florida and TExas.

Everyone loves RPM TESLA. Competition is good for consumers and RPM makes their parts better for less. They told me and my husband that is their motto.

Claiming evannex and the others in Florida ans canada charge way too much and with lousy customer service. Tho other have no phone numbers and lousy customer service.

Keep it up RPM TESLA.
no, the only 'haters' are people who hate your spamming and tasteless putdowns of other vendors in their own for sale threads. If you really are staff for RPM as some have suggested (which would easily be identified with the IP address for your posts) posing as a customer, that's damning.

Has anyone purchased these for the Model S and if so, can you provide some insight?

https://www.amazon.ca/TeslaHome-Courtesy-Welcome-replacement-pieces)/dp/B077TS2GDD/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514732824&sr=8-2&keywords=tesla+accessories+model+s

I wanted to buy a set but ONLY if there was NO drilling and installation was for the simplest of the simple (yes... I am VERY simple). I have a 2016 facelift S90D. If this requires removing door panels, or drilling new holes than I am not interested.

Also... what is the quality of the lights? How long did they last etc...

Thanks for your input.

I'm glad your installation went well. I bought the ones that you linked to above (TeslaHome). They arrived today and appeared to be new, although one had a broken pin, and on the other I couldn't get the pins to slide into the standard Tesla connectors. I was obviously pretty disappointed.

I wonder if I got a different brand from TeslaHome. The ones I got came in a box called "Shadow Light" and are made in China. Did you also receive Shadow Light brand puddle lights, or does TeslaHome have multiple different distributors?

IMG_6439.JPG

I'm glad your installation went well. I bought the ones that you linked to above (TeslaHome). They arrived today and appeared to be new, although one had a broken pin, and on the other I couldn't get the pins to slide into the standard Tesla connectors. I was obviously pretty disappointed.

I wonder if I got a different brand from TeslaHome. The ones I got came in a box called "Shadow Light" and are made in China. Did you also receive Shadow Light brand puddle lights, or does TeslaHome have multiple different distributors?

View attachment 283977

OMG. Mine were called the same but the box was different but mine were also made in China. However no defects at all. Brand new with no issues. Work like a charm.

Sorry that yours came broken but Amazon will take them back without issue.

The ONLY haters are the competitors in Florida and TExas.

Everyone loves RPM TESLA. Competition is good for consumers and RPM makes their parts better for less. They told me and my husband that is their motto.

Claiming evannex and the others in Florida ans canada charge way too much and with lousy customer service. Tho other have no phone numbers and lousy customer service.

Keep it up RPM TESLA.
Goodness. I'm not sure where the 'lousy customer service' comes from, but there's many on TMC that would dispute that in terms of AO. We've got over 2,500 great reviews if anyone needs tangible evidence that we take our customer service VERY seriously. Please don't disparage other companies, it's not nice.

In terms of puddle lights (aka shadow lights), they're not all created equal. The projection element and LED are both components that can significantly impact the quality of the product, so generally be wary of lights if they're from an unknown supplier. These things are all made in China or Taiwan, but the foil used in the projection is rated in years, and some of the cheaper options will start to fade in a relatively short amount of time. Those same bulbs typically don't have a timer to limit the power-on time, which can also have a negative impact (ours will shut off after 90 seconds to protect the foil and circuitry).

Goodness. I'm not sure where the 'lousy customer service' comes from, but there's many on TMC that would dispute that in terms of AO. We've got over 2,500 great reviews if anyone needs tangible evidence that we take our customer service VERY seriously. Please don't disparage other companies, it's not nice.

In terms of puddle lights (aka shadow lights), they're not all created equal. The projection element and LED are both components that can significantly impact the quality of the product, so generally be wary of lights if they're from an unknown supplier. These things are all made in China or Taiwan, but the foil used in the projection is rated in years, and some of the cheaper options will start to fade in a relatively short amount of time. Those same bulbs typically don't have a timer to limit the power-on time, which can also have a negative impact (ours will shut off after 90 seconds to protect the foil and circuitry).
Had one bad light with AO, they immediately replaced it no questions asked and got it within a couple of days. No problems since then. Just wanted to give them a shout-out

Reactions: pete8314
So I ordered a pair of the red ones yesterday from Amazon and they showed up already - they are smaller than expected. How do you remove the existing lights? Do you just slide in a screwdriver and pry them out? There weren't any instructions included with my lights.

edit - If you search on YouTube there are multiple videos showing you how to do this.

Last edited:
So I ordered a pair of the red ones yesterday from Amazon and they showed up already - they are smaller than expected. How do you remove the existing lights? Do you just slide in a screwdriver and pry them out? There weren't any instructions included with my lights.

edit - If you search on YouTube there are multiple videos showing you how to do this.

If you are suing a flat-head screw driver, I'd put some tape on the screw driver. I used hockey tape!!!

Anyone order these before?
https://www.amazon.ca/Drilling-Chan...1522872518&sr=8-1&keywords=tesla+puddle+light

They look like the same as the others but haven't seen this seller mentioned here.

Was thinking of this at $49.99 CAD with freeshipping or AO, but AO is in the States and charges shipping ot Canada and is priced in USD...

If theres no difference I was thinking I might just grab these?
The seller is the different than the seller that I got them from on Amazon but the connectors are the same. I am wondering if they are from the same manufacturer, just a different Amazon seller?

The seller is the different than the seller that I got them from on Amazon but the connectors are the same. I am wondering if they are from the same manufacturer, just a different Amazon seller?

How much did you pay and which seller if you don’t mind me asking?

I noticed you bought some From RPM, do you think one is better than the other?

Also how easy was it to install? I’m the furthest thing from a handy man. Do you think the SC would be willing to install it?

AO here....we did sell on amazon.ca for a while, but, as a seller, Amazon is really hard work, and very disconnected. We're still on the US site, it's a necessary evil :-/

USPS to Canada is 'reasonable', but they can be really slow unfortunately.

The SC won't install them, seeing as they're not supplied by Tesla, but if you can change a light bulb or hang a picture, then you have the skills :)

• Informative
Reactions: mazeminder
How much did you pay and which seller if you don’t mind me asking?

I noticed you bought some From RPM, do you think one is better than the other?

Also how easy was it to install? I’m the furthest thing from a handy man. Do you think the SC would be willing to install it?
I don’t remember what I paid but I believe they were around $50. The RPM ones are no better no worse.

As for installation... I am as useless as t*ts on a bull and I was able to do it so I am sure you can do it.

I installed them - the old lights were harder to remove then it looked in the video. Why would they not use the same size pins - why would you need the adapter?
I just installed a pair (from Amazon) on my facelift MS and didn't need the adapters, so I'm guessing it may be for earlier cars with slightly different wiring harnesses? Ours were very easy to pop in and out and the wiring was plug n play.