Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Quicktip: How to get in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny video.

That's how I get into all of my cars already but I don't need to tuck my right leg under the steering wheel or bring my left knee up to my face. :biggrin:

I thought the most effective method had been the drop (or fall) into the tub method which I always read about (going in rear first and falling into the seat).

The butt first strategy doesn't work for tall people. You really have to do with the right foot first (driver side), then the butt, then bring your head inside.
Then getting your left leg/foot inside is easy.

Most other strategies make you look absolutely like a wounded animal during the entry procedure.

It is even more difficult in a Lotus Elise with the higher door sill.

Yeah, I just heard it was even harder for tall people to get in with the hardtop mounted.
bu_tesla138pc.jpg

---

Personally, at 5'11", I never really had any issue getting in and out.

The hard top may just scare people because it looks more solid and permanent. I can't think of any reason why it would be any more difficult and haven't experienced anything personally.

It is certainly true that it is easier to get in and out with the top off but either way you are better off being a bit more deliberate with your actions if you are my size. Once you get some practice you can jump right in, but anyone getting in for the first time should take it slowly. That probably goes for driving style as well. :biggrin:

Zak

Zak has it exactly correct. I am 6'3".

After getting in and out of my Tesla for months it is very easy now.
I would say that I had it mastered within about a week or two. It just takes being careful and some practice.

My door sill still looks perfect. No scuffs.