Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral plan changed after order and Tesla gave lower referral credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Referred a friend who purchased a Model S. When he placed the order, I received a message from Tesla stating that 20,000 points were pending. During the wait time for pick up of the S, the program changed, dropping to 10,000. However, the original posting from Tesla never changed or updated. In other words, it remained 20k pending. After the car was picked up, I received a message that I had acquired 10,000 points. This doesn’t seem right. The deal was made based on what was current at the time. They changed the rules along the way.

I have attempted to contact Tesla about this, but no response…not really surprising, I know.

Thoughts?

Referred a friend who purchased a Model S. When he placed the order, I received a message from Tesla stating that 20,000 points were pending. During the wait time for pick up of the S, the program changed, dropping to 10,000. However, the original posting from Tesla never changed or updated. In other words, it remained 20k pending. After the car was picked up, I received a message that I had acquired 10,000 points. This doesn’t seem right. The deal was made based on what was current at the time. They changed the rules along the way.

I have attempted to contact Tesla about this, but no response…not really surprising, I know.

Thoughts?

You don't earn anything until the sales went through and Tesla got paid.

From the time of referral to the time of delivery, it could be instantaneous or years.

You don't earn anything until the sales went through and Tesla got paid.

From the time of referral to the time of delivery, it could be instantaneous or years.
I appreciate this view. However, it is interesting that Tesla kept the purchaser’s deal intact based on the time of order (not payment). I’m not really upset about this, as I’m receiving a reward for doing very little. However, it also seems that a deal set and confirmed will be realized in the end.