Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Registration and Title, Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I googled this question the information says that you dont have to be on the title. No telling what Tesla specifically will do, however.

So, basically as follows??

John Smith and Mary Anne on Tesla Loan with US Bank.

John Smith on DMV registration.
Basically correct.

The title or "pink slip" will be John Smith as the registered for the car and the title will be US Bank and US Bank will actually have the pink slip until the loan is paid off.

The CA DMV (registration that you carry in the glove box) will have John Smith as he registered "owner" with the "lender" (might say "lien holder" technically) being US Bank on the registration.

Your name will only be tied to the US Bank Loan. You will have nothing to do with the actual car i.e. if they forget to pay registration etc etc.

I wouldnt personally categorize being potentially responsible for the entire loan if the first owner defaults as "nothing to do with the car".... but I see what you were going for.
You are correct. I meant from a "name on document" and "responsible for registration, fees, violations etc" standpoint. Yes if the borrower goes into default you will need to make the payments or repossession will start.