Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases New Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant i Pais the car $107,000 .

The yoke is peeling almost immediately. Tesla service said that they will not keep replacing a defective yoke with another defective yoke. That's why they say only ONE time replacement.. otherwise it will be endless replacements from everyone.

Taking in the car also for squeaks on back seats, and drunk not opening in the front , I have to close it again and the open from phone
Reading this one word made sense.

Were you led to believe that you would be getting one of the new yokes with the center horn? Good deal if that’s the case. Mine is also a 2023 MS, and I haven’t had any problem with the turn signal since they replaced the yoke. It was the left turn signal for me too.
So they replaced the yoke with new one. This one has center horn so that’s a bonus. The touch button horn was possibly the worst design of all time. I had to use it only once since I bought the car. I was turning at that moment and couldn’t quickly figure out where the horn touch button was let alone being able to press it. I am glad they replaced it (although the mobile service guy tried to wriggle out saying my turn signals were working fine).

So they replaced the yoke with new one. This one has center horn so that’s a bonus. The touch button horn was possibly the worst design of all time. I had to use it only once since I bought the car. I was turning at that moment and couldn’t quickly figure out where the horn touch button was let alone being able to press it. I am glad they replaced it (although the mobile service guy tried to wriggle out saying my turn signals were working f
So they replaced the yoke with new one. This one has center horn so that’s a bonus. The touch button horn was possibly the worst design of all time. I had to use it only once since I bought the car. I was turning at that moment and couldn’t quickly figure out where the horn touch button was let alone being able to press it. I am glad they replaced it (although the mobile service guy tried to wriggle out saying my turn signals were working fine).
My left turn signal keeps failing to initiate. They replaced the yoke a few months ago and it now fails almost every other day. I just submitted like the 4th or 5th request for the same issue.

• Informative
Reactions: MSLR2023ULTRED
Do you have a picture of what the new yoke looks like?

horn touch button is replaced by camera feed button. Horn is in center and there is a nice stitching on the yoke that I like.

Attachments

• IMG_7070.jpeg
    IMG_7070.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 24
How did you get it replaced? I have also a 23 and if I can I would. It has no peeling. Did yours have?
It wasn’t peeling. Just that left turn button would not function intermittently. I opened the service ticket. The mobile service guy showed up with new yoke but said he can’t replace since the turn buttons were working just fine (he tried few times). I told him it malfunctions all of sudden while driving and it could be dangerous sometimes. He called the service center and spoke with them for few minutes and then agreed to replace it. Took about 20 minutes or so.

Reactions: asterothe
It wasn’t peeling. Just that left turn button would not function intermittently. I opened the service ticket. The mobile service guy showed up with new yoke but said he can’t replace since the turn buttons were working just fine (he tried few times). I told him it malfunctions all of sudden while driving and it could be dangerous sometimes. He called the service center and spoke with them for few minutes and then agreed to replace it. Took about 20 minutes or so.
Thanks for the detailed info.

Reactions: MSLR2023ULTRED
It’s interesting that the service guy tried to make things harder … Usually the service request is already pre-approved and the service guy should just follow the order/request, unless your service paperwork didn’t show the estimated cost as $0 and already approved under warranty…

Reactions: AMPd
I am having my replace on Monday my car is 21+
It has very small peeling but though I should get it done before warranty expires next year with new version of the York

Attachments

• IMG_9180.jpeg
    IMG_9180.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9178.jpeg
    IMG_9178.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9191.png
    IMG_9191.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 15
Mobile tech replaced mine yesterday, took 10mins +/-. Hopefully new material will last, time will tell. Still waiting for OTA firmware update to remap new buttons, camera button works as horn and actual *horn* does nothing..

Side note.. they throw old yokes away, just keep airbags. He had few in his trunk already, said I can keep old one if I wanted. I was his 4th one for the day, lol

Attachments

• 20240329_143441 (1).jpg
    20240329_143441 (1).jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: saj070
Mobile tech replaced mine yesterday, took 10mins +/-. Hopefully new material will last, time will tell. Still waiting for OTA firmware update to remap new buttons, camera button works as horn and actual *horn* does nothing..

Side note.. they throw old yokes away, just keep airbags. He had few in his trunk already, said I can keep old one if I wanted. I was his 4th one for the day, lol
That seems odd that they did not install the firmware when installing your new Yoke. Mobile tech installed the Yoke and the firmware update on the same visit. Almost seems dangerous not too.

That seems odd that they did not install the firmware when installing your new Yoke. Mobile tech installed the Yoke and the firmware update on the same visit. Almost seems dangerous not too.
Tech didn't have correct connector for his laptop for some reason, hence OTA update. Nothing dangerous, all buttons work except actual horn on the airbag. Just need to remap them two.

I am having my replace on Monday my car is 21+
It has very small peeling but though I should get it done before warranty expires next year with new version of the York
update complete new York steering wheel see pictures
He said all the button are working but will send firmware update via OTA next hour

Very happy please

Attachments

• IMG_9200.jpeg
    IMG_9200.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 17
update complete new York steering wheel see pictures
He said all the button are working but will send firmware update via OTA next hour

Very happy please
Getting my OTA update right now he mentioned he going to send the firmware which looks like it coming through I don't know if that anything to do with new York install but everything is working.

Attachments

• IMG_9203.png
    IMG_9203.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 18
Just realized I said "YORK" instead off "Yoke"
Lol hahhaah

Anyway loving the new Yoke very smooth seems higher quality let hope it last. I believe the stitching suppose to help heat/cold

Regardless if you have not yet request I highly recommend go for it you will be very happy