Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla road tumbler top explained

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some photos
open
closed

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Rascoe
I'd say it's like 4mm difference between open and closed. The bigger problem is the spring is too weak, so when closed, if you shake it, the momentum opens the valve enough to leak out. (my drink sprinkled everywhere, luckily was in my kitchen and not the car...)

Also cleaning the lid may be a rinse-only situation.

I'd say it's like 4mm difference between open and closed. The bigger problem is the spring is too weak, so when closed, if you shake it, the momentum opens the valve enough to leak out. (my drink sprinkled everywhere, luckily was in my kitchen and not the car...)

Also cleaning the lid may be a rinse-only situation.
I have used mine every morning since mid September last year. My spring is plenty strong enough. You can also unscrew the button lid top counter clockwise and it will come right off for very easy cleaning.

I have used mine every morning since mid September last year. My spring is plenty strong enough. You can also unscrew the button lid top counter clockwise and it will come right off for very easy cleaning.
Will try this trick!

Just received my 2nd one. Of the two, for some reason the black one seals just fine, the white one leaks when shaken (I've ensured both are in the closed position).