Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance/Flat with aftermarket tires/wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question. Does anyone know Tesla's policy (if there is one) re roadside assistance for a flat tire if you are not driving on Tesla provided wheels and/ tires?

The reason I ask is because my Tesla service shop twice refused to do any tire/wheel work on my car because the wheels or tires were not Tesla provided. The first time I was picking up the car new in December and wanted snow tires on the car. Tesla was out of stock for snow tires so I purchased the exact same manufacturers snow tires that Tesla uses, but the latest version (the older version that Tesla sold were out of stock because they are not made anymore). Tesla would not swap put the snow tires on the stock 19" rims in place of the all-weather tires the car came with. More recently they would not put my aftermarket 21" wheels and summer tires on the car in place of my snow tires/wheels.

Just wondering what would happen if I got a flat and the Tesla roadside assistance comes to help and sees non OEM tires/wheels.