Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S P100D driving like maniac

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rarely see Model S driving fast, most of them are just commuters who don't care for thrill.

I only expect cars like Nissan GTRs or Lamborghinis to show off their speed or have fun. At first I thought that Model S driver had a bad day at work or had a fight with his wife, but then I pulled up to his car and realized it was a P100D, so I figured he was just having fun with his car.

So do most people who buy P100D buy it for its performance? I heard these cars could beat hypercars in the "quick" sector, like 0 to 60 mph speed.

It's not slow :p

List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia

We certainly bought it for the performance but I have to say the P100D has made me into a calmer driver. This car just drives so well and is so smooth and quiet. I'm happy and perfectly content driving it around the speed limit.

When did you get your car? Great to see so many Teslas in the DC area.

You should come to the Tesla party at the Embassy of Croatia in June to celebrate Nikola Tesla's birthday :)

We got Sexy Hotness - named by the Tesla guys in the City Center showroom not us - in September 2018.

We pass by the Embassy of Croatia all.the.time. My son calls it the Embassy of Tesla because of all the Teslas parked out front. It is awesome. When in June is the party? We would love to come but will probably Uber due to the limited parking.

I love how ICE fans like to say the P100D isn't as fast as their beloved Lambo or Porsche.... it's so lame. Makes me want to say, oh man, your Lambo is slow! It's got nothing on the Boeing 747! Now that's fast..... Gimme a break. Nothing quite like 2.4 0-60.... and the fact that these hypercars don't pass the P100D until it passes 110 or 120 mph is argument enough.

We got Sexy Hotness - named by the Tesla guys in the City Center showroom not us - in September 2018.

We pass by the Embassy of Croatia all.the.time. My son calls it the Embassy of Tesla because of all the Teslas parked out front. It is awesome. When in June is the party? We would love to come but will probably Uber due to the limited parking.

The Nikola Tesla Party at the Embassy of Croatia is on June 28th and Tesla will be there :)

All the details are online:

International Club of DC -

I was driving my Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor and I suddenly see this Tesla Model S just zooming past me as I looked at my rear view mirrors. I knew they were fast, but I didn't think they were that fast. Then I look at the badge and it says P100D, probably has ludicrous mode because this guy was def going fast. I had no idea if he was pissed off or just having fun with his car, but he was def going fast enough to scare somebody who doesn't like fast cars.

I tried to race him when we were at a stoplight, but the Model 3 dual motor had no chance, that guy was pulling away from me. It was truly remarkable to see a P100D go fast because it def looked fast from just being outside the car. Probably faster than most gas based modded sport cars I've seen.

I heard the P100D can be faster than some exotics, even possibly a Bugatti. I'm not sure if I stated it correctly, but I think a source said this Tesla Model S can beat hypercars like Bugattis, or at least be as fast as them.

Don't model S's regardless of trim max out at 155 MPH?

Don't model S's regardless of trim max out at 155 MPH?
Currently advertised as 163mph.
TeslaModelSPerformance_163mph.png