Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sales in CT - Yes, you can help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Right. I get it. You don't live in CT. But could you take a minute and just help amplify the message on social media? I've made it easy for you! Just retweet this ... and this.

It sends this tweet to the CT State senators who are either voting against allowing Tesla in the state or are currently undecided.
Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 6.48.14 PM.png

Reactions: SureValla
Now for those of you in CT ...

The dealers have been working hard against Tesla. It looks like votes are being lost specifically with Senate Republicans. Below, are Republican Senators who are not with Tesla or undecided, and next their names are the towns they represent. Below that I've put their contact information (the 'contact' link will allow you to send an email), and with the exception of one, their twitter account.

Please write, call, and tweet your senator & encourage them to support SB 3. It would be great if you'd post here, too (I know not everyone likes to share those letters/messages) - the media reads these threads.

John A. Kissel: East Granby, Enfield, Somers, Suffield, Windsor Locks and portions of Granby and Windsor

Kevin Witkos
: Avon, Barkhamsted, Canton, Colebrook, Granby, Hartland, Harwinton, New Hartford, Norfolk, Simsbury and Torrington
Legislative Office Building
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3403
Phone: 1-800-842-1421 (CT only)
860-240-8800 (out of state)
Kevin Witkos (@SenatorWitkos) | Twitter
Contact Kevin - Connecticut Senate Republicans

Joe Markley: Cheshire, Prospect, Wolcott, Southington, Waterbury
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:2003
State Senator Joe Markley
Contact Joe - Connecticut Senate Republicans
Joe Markley (@JoeMarkley) | Twitter

Paul Formica: Bozrah, East Lyme, a portion of Montville, New London, Old Lyme, a portion of Old Saybrook, Salem, and Waterford

Rob Kane: Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Middlebury, Oxford, Roxbury, Seymour, Southbury, Washington and Woodbury
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3412
Contact Rob - Connecticut Senate Republicans
Rob Kane (@SenatorKane32) | Twitter

Kevin Kelly: Monroe, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Kevin Kelly (@21KevinKelly) | Twitter

Tony Hwang: Easton, Fairfield, Newtown, Weston, Westport
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3001
Tony Hwang (@tonyhwang) | Twitter

Clark Chapin: Brookfield, Canaan, Cornwall, Goshen, Kent, Litchfield, Morris, New Milford, North Canaan, Salisbury, Sharon, Torrington, Warren and Winchester
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3204
Contact Clark - Connecticut Senate Republicans

Len Fasano: Durham, North Haven, East Haven, Wallingford
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3402
Contact Len - Connecticut Senate Republicans
https://twitter.com/senatorfasano

Tony Guglielmo: Stafford
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Room:3604
http://ctsenaterepublicans.com/contact-Guglielmo/
https://twitter.com/tonyguglielmo

Twitter:

• Love
Reactions: GSP and SureValla
Hi Bonnie,

I have written Senator Hwang as he represents Newtown. I'm surprised you have listed him as non-supportive. He came to the Drive Electric event last September and I spoke to him about the bill that didn't get voted on last year. He was very receptive and indicated support. What information do you have to the contrary.

Hi Bonnie,

I have written Senator Hwang as he represents Newtown. I'm surprised you have listed him as non-supportive. He came to the Drive Electric event last September and I spoke to him about the bill that didn't get voted on last year. He was very receptive and indicated support. What information do you have to the contrary.

Tony Hwang was supportive last year. But he is not now. He's fallen for dealership FUD. Unfortunately he's on the Republic caucus and could sway the vote the other way.

Specifically, he's brought up that he believes Tesla already agreed to a franchise model in VA (not true at all) and that because they have a recall, he wonders if the company is financially viable to be around in a year. Gobsmacked.

This guy potentially wants to run for governor. I suspect he has a lot of Tesla owners and EV supporters in his district. He's not representing for them.

Please let him know publicly (twitter is good! @tonyhwang) and via letter/email. (And thank you for writing already :) )

Bonnie Norman on Twitter

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 7.44.18 AM.png

Kevin Kelly: Monroe, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford
300 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106

Kevin Kelly (@21KevinKelly) | Twitter

It upsets me to see State Senator Kelly on here as he is my sentator. I've voted for him in the past. I'm going to write him another note on this letting him know he will lose my support over this if he votes no

Reactions: bonnie
I have tweeted him as well. Additionally, I have forward along the information to those I know that have pre-ordered Model 3s in CT.

I honestly can't see this not passing. It passed the Transportation Committee 29-4 and the Finance Committee 32-14. Of course, CT just let GE up and leave for Boston so you never know.

I have tweeted him as well. Additionally, I have forward along the information to those I know that have pre-ordered Model 3s in CT.

I honestly can't see this not passing. It passed the Transportation Committee 29-4 and the Finance Committee 32-14. Of course, CT just let GE up and leave for Boston so you never know.

I'm worried. I'm just waiting to load up the page again and see some sort of sneaky amendment thrown in there changing it to like 1 store or something worse.