Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Selling via Autotrader!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new I think. Tesla are now advertising (yes Tesla paying to advertise) used cars for sale on Autotrader.

1652363784257.png

Some of those used prices are outrageous. EAP addition on everything.
It has been reported that Tesla list cars at a very high price then gradually drop the price until they sell like a slow reverse auction.
Obviously all dealers do this to some extent i.e. drop the price if cars don's sell but it may be an automated strategy in the case of Tesla and overly optimistic with the starting price.

Reactions: UrbanSplash
They do have a very large number of cars to shift... 579 163 used M3s on the UK inventory at the moment. For context, only 1488 356 in the entire US! Unsurprisingly, no used MY in the UK being sold directly by Tesla.

Easy way to see numbers: Tesla inventory in UK

Edit: My filter was wrong & included all cars, not just those for sale by Tesla.

Last edited:
It has been reported that Tesla list cars at a very high price then gradually drop the price until they sell like a slow reverse auction.
Obviously all dealers do this to some extent i.e. drop the price if cars don's sell but it may be an automated strategy in the case of Tesla and overly optimistic with the starting price.
They want to sell them to people who are desperate to skip the wait times first and foremost. Not for me, but makes sense given the demand.