Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service And Perts No Longer Taking Phone Calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
today i called tesla MK becase i have an issue with the seat sensor on my p85d, they have now changed their calling structure the only human you can speak to is if you press 2 for sales. if you want to speak to parts or service no can do???

you have to use your app or go online to book an appointment or book an appointment to order parts or have service call you back in thier time WTF!!!

bearing in mind my nearest service centre is 100 miles away and im on holiday late next week for a 5,000mile trip and the car turns off when it feels like it.

i now believe that this type of thing will unaravel tesla utterly utterly stupid thing to do..

apparantly this is worldwide................

Wow that is unbelievable and so completely cynical and transparent. I thought they were closing the stores and improving service but that was then and this was now. No worries, since Tesla just makes it up as they go, they will doing something completely different next week.

• Funny
Reactions: Peteski
and this is the SC that held onto my car for 5 weeks the first time I had it serviced there, and the second time I was promised 1-2 days maximum (as I had a buyer waiting for it) only for them to keep it 10 days, precisely at the same time as Tesla lopped 30% off the prices meaning I lost my buyer - and they gave it back with a dangerous fault in the suspension too. (no exceptional parts supplied for either service)

Honestly you have to wonder about dealing with this company.
It's not as though they can claim to be a start-up these days.

and now you can't even get to talk to the SC?.

not for the first time where the emoji for :shakes head in utter disbelief:

Reactions: WannabeOwner
to make matters worse they tried to call me back and i had no signal so they sent me a text to tell me, guess what you cant return a call to the number it was sent from and now i have to go back online to re-submit my request for a call back to fix my problem another day wasted.!!!

i can not imagine any other car manufacturer that would do this, its almost as bad as mc-donnalds where you stand inline to order from the touchscreen when there is an assistant standing at the front desk....

I've always found MK SC very aloof, but they always seem pretty reasonable once I get in there. Not good news that you can't call them now though! That seems very odd. I'm all for online contact, but only if it's instant and reliable. I booked my service online, but you have to plan to book a slot about 2 months ahead to get in there. God knows what it will be like once thousands of Model 3s start rolling in! Luckily I'm not too far away from MK, so I can always rock up in person as a last resort!

today i called tesla MK becase i have an issue with the seat sensor on my p85d, they have now changed their calling structure the only human you can speak to is if you press 2 for sales. if you want to speak to parts or service no can do???

you have to use your app or go online to book an appointment or book an appointment to order parts or have service call you back in thier time WTF!!!

bearing in mind my nearest service centre is 100 miles away and im on holiday late next week for a 5,000mile trip and the car turns off when it feels like it.

i now believe that this type of thing will unaravel tesla utterly utterly stupid thing to do..

apparantly this is worldwide................

Since you effectively have an emergency/urgent problem, have you tried calling Tesla roadside to try and sort it out. Maybe that might work for you?

Out of interest, what service is your car needing?
I thought part of the beauty of Tesla EVs was the almost nonexistent need for servicing?

The short answer is the scheduled 25k service (mainly a checklist) to maintain the PCP guaranteed minimum value.

But with the very recent changes to the Tesla servicing schedule (now seems more in line with what you might expect for an EV) I may now be able to skip this without penalty. I've asked the question, but had no reply yet.

@fakoriginal - thanks for the disagree ;). Trust me - when you have known Tesla as long as I have and endured the same experiences you will know exactly where I am coming from. Great company doing great things but some serious competition would go a long way to focus their minds on their customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteski