Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center Damaged my wheel while in service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or do all Tesla SC's not do vehicle check in inspection? That is one thing I miss about Mercedes, check in sheet and they give you a copy. So when you pickup if they did anything you can compare the sheet and they will fix it for free no hassle.

Is it just me or do all Tesla SC's not do vehicle check in inspection? That is one thing I miss about Mercedes, check in sheet and they give you a copy. So when you pickup if they did anything you can compare the sheet and they will fix it for free no hassle.
That’s a dealership choice.

some go so far as a full photo shoot when you bring it in.

that being said, actual damage while at a dealership is incredibly rare. It does happen but it’s mostly people who don’t notice pre existing damage when they drop off the car.

That’s a dealership choice.

some go so far as a full photo shoot when you bring it in.

that being said, actual damage while at a dealership is incredibly rare. It does happen but it’s mostly people who don’t notice pre existing damage when they drop off the car.
I had MBenz buy a car back from me after they repeatedly wrecked my 08 E63 AMG, they spent 18K trying to fix what they broke and then finally gave up. I only owned it for 4 months and for 2 of those it was in their possession so I guess I'm the rare case lol.

FWIW my local Dublin SC does a full walk around on any incoming vehicle and uses an iPad to take like 10+ photos from all angles including wheels. Reduces claims and conflicts.
I'm going to hold them to this when I bring my MP3 in for the headliner, they have yet to do a pre-inspection with me. To be fair I didn't ask them to though lol.