Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center Damaged my wheel while in service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my model 3 to get a leaky frunk fixed and a couple of hours later they called to let me know that they accidently damaged one of my wheels, all they told me was to send them a copy of the invoice so they can pay me for the repair.
IMG_0433.JPEG
IMG_0432.JPEG

Very encouraging that they owned up to the damage. I had a Jag in the 90's that they put a 2 ft scratch in the hood down to the metal during service, and they were hoping I wouldn't notice, LOL. They had no issue having the hood painted after I told them immediately, but you gotta love it.

I have had several tire shops over the years damage rims, often severely, and they always hope I don't notice, but then pay for the damages when I bring it up immediately.

Last edited:
yeah i got a quote for about $100 cad to wield and repair it. So it shouldn’t be a big deal.
It's easily fixable if you're OK with a 90% solution - try calling one of those mobile tire repair guys and they'll take care of it .

I "did a stupid" a few weeks ago and got mine fixed in my driveway. You probably wouldn't find it if I didn't tell you about it (and zoom in on it).

View attachment 650665View attachment 650666

Took my model 3 to get a leaky frunk fixed and a couple of hours later they called to let me know that they accidently damaged one of my wheels, all they told me was to send them a copy of the invoice so they can pay me for the repair.

My SC did the same thing when they were prepping my car for delivery, delayed by a week as they ordered a new wheel. That extra wait SUCKED!

Tim

Reactions: badiban
Tesla service dented my car when in service mode behind the passenger door. When I called them on it they claimed they would check their cameras but I knew that was an effort to just placate me. I garage keep the car and dont park near anyone if I can help it. I checked over all my sentry mode files and my home camera in the garage. Nothing. I was NOT happy at all. What kinda of service people do that to someones car. In the world of touchless everything it is hard to get upset at a phone app verses going into the service center and talking to someone. So annoyed...

Tesla service dented my car when in service mode behind the passenger door. When I called them on it they claimed they would check their cameras but I knew that was an effort to just placate me. I garage keep the car and dont park near anyone if I can help it. I checked over all my sentry mode files and my home camera in the garage. Nothing. I was NOT happy at all. What kinda of service people do that to someones car. In the world of touchless everything it is hard to get upset at a phone app verses going into the service center and talking to someone. So annoyed...

One of the reasons I'm not bringing my brand new car to service to fix minor issues. A lot of times the repair just makes the issue worse, or other things get damaged in the process. The less anyone else touches your car, the better, period.

Tim

One of the reasons I'm not bringing my brand new car to service to fix minor issues. A lot of times the repair just makes the issue worse, or other things get damaged in the process. The less anyone else touches your car, the better, period.

Tim
100% agree! I got one of the first 2021 Performances at the Tysons Corner Tesla dealer and the car was pretty damn good. My friend(Tesla owner) and I were both surprised. My truck actually misaligned itself and got to the point of touching the bumper to where I put 3M tape to protect. Mobile could not fix so I took it to Sterling Tesla service. Bottom line is I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: TBrownTX
100% agree! I got one of the first 2021 Performances at the Tysons Corner Tesla dealer and the car was pretty damn good. My friend(Tesla owner) and I were both surprised. My truck actually misaligned itself and got to the point of touching the bumper to where I put 3M tape to protect. Mobile could not fix so I took it to Sterling Tesla service. Bottom line is I agree with you 100%.
Curious...you think Tysons Corner is better or Sterling? I have an appt tomorrow @ tysons for a paint scuff that came with the car on delivery.