Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service centers and dealerships now allowed in Vermont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic, thanks for the update Mike! YouTube link is up
. Public comment, if nothing else, is always entertaining. Assuming council approves the zoning change we await a Development Review Board submittal (lawyer for Tesla said 75% plans are done!), any State permits, and away we go! Adaptive re-use should move faster than new construction. I would think at 75% design stage most showstoppers would already be apparent.

Reactions: MikeHawk
Looks like the property address they are looking at is:

218 Hannafords Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403

1666909671000.png

Good question. I don't know. I left a voicemail for the City Planner. If I hear back I'll let you know. I suppose the Council could choose to vote at the end of the hearing.
Spoke to the city planner. It’s a regular council meeting on 12/5. After public comment it will be up to the council to vote or not. Seems likely they will vote that night, but I would guess the comments received will play a role in that decision.

Spoke to the city planner. It’s a regular council meeting on 12/5. After public comment it will be up to the council to vote or not. Seems likely they will vote that night, but I would guess the comments received will play a role in that decision.

Excellent! If we can all email the city council to show our support, every little bit helps! [email protected]

Reactions: kayak1
One of the city council members said they received "a bunch" of favorable emails regarding the dealership vote, and that helped make their decision even easier, knowing the support it has.
I too watched last nights hearing for the proposed zoning change. Was happy to see it pass with no issues.

I assume last nights decision means nothing is standing in Tesla's way in terms of moving forward with their plans for the old Hannaford building. Hopefully they will move quickly with it and we will start seeing some updates/progress.

Last I heard they were planning not only Service but Sales and Distribution for the South Burlington location. With all that, such a large building, and a large parking lot I wonder if they will also look to install some superchargers at the location. Our area is pretty well covered with the 8 150kW chargers in South Burlington Healthy Living and the 8 250kW chargers in Williston, but you would think why not add some at the new proposed Tesla location.

I too watched last nights hearing for the proposed zoning change. Was happy to see it pass with no issues.

I assume last nights decision means nothing is standing in Tesla's way in terms of moving forward with their plans for the old Hannaford building. Hopefully they will move quickly with it and we will start seeing some updates/progress.

Last I heard they were planning not only Service but Sales and Distribution for the South Burlington location. With all that, such a large building, and a large parking lot I wonder if they will also look to install some superchargers at the location. Our area is pretty well covered with the 8 150kW chargers in South Burlington Healthy Living and the 8 250kW chargers in Williston, but you would think why not add some at the new proposed Tesla location.
just as long as somebody doesn't insist the superchargers be open to the public if telsa didn't want them to be? and scuttle the whole site (like Bedford NH).....

• Funny
Reactions: MikeHawk and kayak1
Yeah at the zoning board meeting the Tesla rep said that the intention was to do both service and sales at the location. I'm assuming nothing has changed since that meeting. It's promising to see that there's a lot of support for it though, definitely will beat having to drive hours for service and having to make pretty much a full day commitment to it.

An Act 250 permit request (Application 4C0238-4G) from Tesla was submitted on March 21st, 2023 with their intent to move forward in regards to utilizing the old Hannaford building on Shelburne Road.

A number of updated details can be found here, including site plans provided by Tesla: Act 250 - 4C0238-4G

PDF of the permit application is attached.

This is good news. Hopefully there will not be any obstacles in the way of this moving forward.

Attachments

• 4C0238-4G - noticecosproposedlup.pdf
    306.5 KB · Views: 60
An Act 250 permit request (Application 4C0238-4G) from Tesla was submitted on March 21st, 2023 with their intent to move forward in regards to utilizing the old Hannaford building on Shelburne Road.

A number of updated details can be found here, including site plans provided by Tesla: Act 250 - 4C0238-4G

Great news!!! Thanks for finding out this info! And we now have pictures of what the store will look like, down to the building design and types of chargers in the parking lot.
A few takeaways from looking over the designs:

1. There won't be any superchargers, just eight level 2 chargers on the side of the building. "EXTERIOR POST MOUNTED WALL CONNECTORS"
2. Only a small part of the front of the building will be used for sales/showroom and customer lounge. The showroom will only have room for 1 car, so it will be smaller than the average Tesla showroom. Most of the building will be used for service, and storing/prepping of new vehicles for delivery.
3. There will be a mezzanine added inside for employees - conference room, break room, bathrooms. Tesla loves Mezzanines.
4. No solar panels planning to be installed
5. No dates mentioned when construction will begin or finish, and permits haven't been issued yet.

Tesla service center Burlington front.JPG

Tesla service center Burlington individual chargers.JPG

Tesla service center Burlington.JPG

Last edited:
Great news!!! Thanks for finding out this info! And we now have pictures of what the store will look like, down to the building design and types of chargers in the parking lot.
A few takeaways from looking over the designs:

1. There won't be any superchargers, just eight level 2 chargers on the side of the building. "EXTERIOR POST MOUNTED WALL CONNECTORS"
So I was looking a little closer at some of the documents and it actually looks like they will have 10 Post mounted Tesla Wall Connectors on the side of the building. See the attached zoomed in image with the mention of "Post Mounted x 10" and the ten parking spots.

But what I also see that is interesting is it looks like there will potentially be 2 Supercharger Stalls next to them. I added the Blue arrow pointing at the mention of "SC Post". Guessing this means 'Supercharger Post" based on the label and the oval shape of them. If they are superchargers, I'm guessing, like the Wall Connectors, they will not be open to the public and will be used for charging up new vehicles (faster) prior to them being delivered to customers.

Perhaps down the road, if demand increases in VT, I could see them adding a Supercharger station in the main parking lot for public use. Time will tell.

Lets hope they can get this location up and running before Giga Mexico! :-D

Attachments

• TeslaChargers.png
    TeslaChargers.png
    155 KB · Views: 44