Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service damaged my car months ago and hasn't made it right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call back this morning. The car is really ready. This time for sure, they promise. They are detailing it right now, a nice gesture, and I'm picking it up in an hour or so.

I asked my service rep to make sure all the windows work while they are doing the test drive. I wish I were joking, but it's a real concern. I'll post again later today. I have a good, hopeful feeling that this might be the end of the saga!

I've given up on trying to get someone at corporate to talk to me. It is a dead end. Tesla Motors management are just going to have to suffer the consequences of their own (in)actions.

I poked my head in the service garage yesterday: all the cars up on lifts have this big timer over each bay counting up how long the car has been in there. Some were at 30 minutes, some at 2 hours. I fear this focus on "time time time!" and "busy busy busy!" is an example of what is leading to the poor attention to detail and skipped checklists during service. Wouldn't it be better to spend a few extra minutes on each car making sure expectations are exceeded and all the checklists are properly addressed? If you save just one or two repeat visits, that more than makes up for a bit of extra time on the lift. Is this McDonalds or Tesla Motors?

I have my car back!

:)

Got the call that everything was ready. Hopped in the loaner and made a stop along the way ...

IMG_2358.JPG

Picked up the car and everything is working! Should've brought them donuts the first time, right?!

The dashboard is still slightly bent at the corners of the screen, the photo here actually makes it look worse than it really is. It's so much better than before and the fit and finish with the neighboring panels is much better, too. I'll give it a 92%, so it's within my expectations:

IMG_2360.JPG

The did a pretty good job cleaning the car, too. They cleaned out the wheel wells (which I hate doing myself), and I finished up at home myself with a quick wax and polish.

IMG_2314.jpg

I think it's time to let this thread die. It would still be nice to get a follow up from corporate, just so I can share my experience and get them to acknowledge or explore the possibility that there are some systemic problems with communication and how service is performed. I asked again today, but I doubt it will ever happen. And if it did, I suspect it would be lip service. Oh well, I hope they figure it out and I hope the company prospers. But I'm not buying any TSLA.

Thanks for putting up with me!

JB

I though my SC had done a stellar job in replacing my airbag, but recently noticed I had similar trim damage at upper right corner of MCU. About as noticable as the repaired trim on the OP's car.

I am now in a much better position to decide what to do should I decide to bring it back to the SC.

Donuts will be at the top of the list.