Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla "Service Hell"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine back yesterday, and it has 2 paint blemishes on the passenger door (where it seems the paint wasn't evenly applied, perhaps due to some anomaly on the door itself). Oh well. I'm having a partial Xpel film applied to the vehicle so will just have to put it out of sight and mind if the detailer can't work any magic. Finally got to drive it for the first time (including any EV) but not at highway speeds. I want to say it was anticlimactic after almost 5 weeks of delays due to damage.

• Informative
Reactions: classicjoy
My update is I delayed the above-mentioned Xpel wrap, had the detailer document all the paint defects, and passed it along to another more experienced/skilled painter in the LV metro area. Finally got it back after the repainting and a front end wrapping and ceramic coating on 7-11.

Good, well not good, to hear others in similar situations. My car has been in service since January 30th with a 'possible' end in sight in the next couple of weeks, but we have been here before. Escalations don't work anymore in Tesla, they are just way too busy now.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden