Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service scheduling challenges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

afadeev

Feb 28, 2019
NYC
I have a minor issues that has been nagging me for a while (driver-side wiper arm quit spraying washer fluid), and finally got around to trying to schedule a Tesla appointment.
Here are my options:
  1. Mobile service from 12:30-2:30pm on Monday
  2. Physical location #1 service (1+ hours away from me) for 9/12
  3. Physical location #2 service (stupid far away from me) for 9/9
I have an all-day meeting at work that I can't skip on Monday, and Mobile service is not allowing me to request an alternative time window for service.
I also have a local Physical Tesla service location about 15 minutes away from home, but it's now showing up at all.

Questions:
a). How does one go around picking a feasibly appointment date for Mobile service? Is that even an option?
b). How do I "insert" local locations instead of the undesirable destinations to which Tesla is trying to send me?

TIA,
a

The app really needs more future choices than one week out. I’ve been wanting to schedule something and all it gives me is the week we’re on vacation, for example.

The arrows above let you change the month but nothing shows in the available appointment most. I think this is broken. Should give you what’s open and let you choose a future week.

Now just waiting for that week to fill up so it will roll to the next week. Whoever thought never letting us talk to anyone for scheduling should be fired. There are always special cases.

Reactions: afadeev
I have a minor issues that has been nagging me for a while (driver-side wiper arm quit spraying washer fluid), and finally got around to trying to schedule a Tesla appointment.
Here are my options:
  1. Mobile service from 12:30-2:30pm on Monday
  2. Physical location #1 service (1+ hours away from me) for 9/12
  3. Physical location #2 service (stupid far away from me) for 9/9
I have an all-day meeting at work that I can't skip on Monday, and Mobile service is not allowing me to request an alternative time window for service.
I also have a local Physical Tesla service location about 15 minutes away from home, but it's now showing up at all.

Questions:
a). How does one go around picking a feasibly appointment date for Mobile service? Is that even an option?
b). How do I "insert" local locations instead of the undesirable destinations to which Tesla is trying to send me?

TIA,
a
Right, for mobile you can put in your work location and comments saying you can’t be present but can communicate via text and can unlock. Should be fine, as noted. They will check this all out in advance and let you know if not satisfactory.

Mobile tech can perform work in your office parking lot without you being present. You just need to unlock the car for him.

Right, for mobile you can put in your work location and comments saying you can’t be present but can communicate via text and can unlock. Should be fine, as noted. They will check this all out in advance and let you know if not satisfactory.

Sorry guys, that's not viable.
I work at a secure campus, and the tech wont get anywhere within 500 feet of my car. I can't step out to babysit the engagement either.

Now just waiting for that week to fill up so it will roll to the next week. Whoever thought never letting us talk to anyone for scheduling should be fired. There are always special cases.

Absurdly, you might be right.
It does not seam like there is anything I can do but wait another day, or a week, and try again.
Still no logical explanation for why the service location closest to me is not showing up at all as an option. :(

Not a problem I have ever had with any other OEM, not even the cheap-ass Honda.
:eek:

Sorry guys, that's not viable.
I work at a secure campus, and the tech wont get anywhere within 500 feet of my car. I can't step out to babysit the engagement either.

Absurdly, you might be right.
It does not seam like there is anything I can do but wait another day, or a week, and try again.
Still no logical explanation for why the service location closest to me is not showing up at all as an option. :(

Not a problem I have ever had with any other OEM, not even the cheap-ass Honda.
:eek:
Ah, secured work location is a problem, of course.
And yeah, closest SC should show. I have three and my preferred (closest) is the default.

Have you tried calling support? Never used this but there is an option to redirect to service center. Or pick the ‘issues with car’ and see if they have an idea why your nearest SC doesn’t show up.

Long story short, I gave up on playing scheduling games with the app, or trying to call the nearest service center (no answer), and just drove to it uninvited.

After a brief siege of the service bay desk, I found a human willing to speak with me, and got what I came for.
a). They have no idea why their location is not showing up on the app, or what to do about it.
b). They took my car in to work on the non-spraying wiper fluid arm, and coded extra card keys. We got it back about 1.5 hours later, with the problem corrected.
c). They did confirm that they are not staffed to pickup externally routed incoming service department phone calls.

FWIW, crash landing and imposing oneself onto the service center works.
I can see how that is sub-optimal for both the customer experience for the owner, and resource management for Tesla, but that is the only viable path forward given the current state of Tesla's SC reservation systems.

YMMV,
a