Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are attempting to. The Dania SC is now running two full shifts. I think the QC issues are due to all of the hiring of mechanics they have had to do. I would like to add that I think the front office staff and the two service managers I have worked with are all excellent.

I got a notification early this morning that my car moved and was unlocked. I see doors opening and closing. It appears they have their mechanics working on weekends and holidays. If I wasn't out with family I'd go drop them off some donuts or something. I know they're behind, but working on a holiday? Ouch. I hope they're at least getting overtime. :(

Reactions: msnow and mblakele
I wanted to start a new post but let me comment here. I own two Tesla Model S cars. When the Model 3's roll out I truly believe that Tesla is in over their head when it comes to being able to service their vehicles. Appointment wait times are beginning to increase to a point where buyers of luxury vehicles will not tolerate. Example: I need to swap out my all season 19" wheel/tires for my summer 21" wheel/tires. Basically put car on lift, take off 19's, and put on the 21's. The next available appointment for this 10 minute job is 3 WEEKS ! Are you kidding me! What will happen when all the Model 3's hit the road ??? This may be Tesla's biggest problem down the road. BTW I took my car to local service station and they did the wheel switch while I waited same day.

• Helpful
Reactions: 2krazykats
When the Model 3's roll out I truly believe that Tesla is in over their head when it comes to being able to service their vehicles. Appointment wait times are beginning to increase to a point where buyers of luxury vehicles will not tolerate.

I hope you're wrong, but I have a bit of apprehension myself of how they'll scale. It took them > 3 months to get parts in for my rear seatbelts to be changed (courtesy change out to the newer, better style) and then 2 weeks from when the parts arrived for me to have my appointment. Again, they're doing this for me for free, which is AWESOME AND WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND, but dang it is a long time. Even 8 months ago when I got the car, I could get a same day appointment most times. They're building a new center here in Austin as we speak, and hopefully that, along with all of their other expansion, will help them be ready Day 1 of Model 3 in ~18-24 months.