Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shop debuts Model Y Induction Wheel Winter package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went ahead and placed an order. It’s a bit more than a nice set of rims from TSsportline I had on preorder, plus Nokians, plus TPMS. And I’ll get them installed sooner than my preordered setup. I haven’t been happy driving summer tires under 40 degrees.

I went ahead and placed an order. It’s a bit more than a nice set of rims from TSsportline I had on preorder, plus Nokians, plus TPMS. And I’ll get them installed sooner than my preordered setup. I haven’t been happy driving summer tires under 40 degrees.
This is the easy call to make now that they finally put a set of 20” wheels on the site.
I’ll wait for the tsportline to arrive, but my final cost is the same, not sure where all the complaints about the package price are coming from, as if you can get that wheel size, with tpms and tires for less then that elsewhere... even if it’s less we are talking 100’s,

Last edited:
The inductions do look good. There are a lot of options out there if you’re going spend that kind of money. For comparison these forged 19x9 wheels for the Y with the same Pirelli Sottozeros with sensors cost $4325.

wheels - $2900
Sensors - $325
Tires - $1100
B00614BF-965B-47CA-B7F3-CF68C7BE6FFE.jpeg
817E7AEA-D8E2-4C65-95F3-D736EB58A0F2.jpeg

There are a lot of options out there if you’re going spend that kind of money. These forged 19x9 wheels for the Y with Pirelli Sottozeros with sensors were $4325

wheels - $2900
Sensors - $325
Tires - $1100
View attachment 607850 View attachment 607851
They are nice.
My comment was directed at people implying that $4000 is double what they should cost. Maybe I’m reading the comments wrong, but 20”, W rated tires, proprietary sensors cant come at less then 4k, and yes in that price range you have lots of options, just not many cheaper ones.

OEM tire/wheel packages are always expensive since they charge full MSRP.

It's unfortunate for those that don't know much about the options out there.
I've been looking at various car forums and Facebook marketplace ads for the last 3 months. Finally found a set locally for 20x9" Forgestar CF10s that weigh in under 24.9 lbs. Open box sale for $850/set (versus $1600/set new). It'll cost me under $2420 once all costs are factored in (wheels, tires, TPMS, lug nuts, hubcentric rings, mount & balance). Tesla seems to be charging well over $500/wheel for the 19" Gemini and over $600/wheel for the 20" Induction.

I've been looking at various car forums and Facebook marketplace ads for the last 3 months. Finally found a set locally for 20x9" Forgestar CF10s that weigh in under 24.9 lbs. Open box sale for $850/set (versus $1600/set new). It'll cost me under $2420 once all costs are factored in (wheels, tires, TPMS, lug nuts, hubcentric rings, mount & balance). Tesla seems to be charging well over $500/wheel for the 19" Gemini and over $600/wheel for the 20" Induction.
Agreed, OEM is expensive, but its easy, it doesn’t require searching and putting components together. Too bad they took so long to put them out there. They are for a specific type of buyer, someone who likes the factory look.
Whats the offset on the CF10? The factory wheels for 19’s and 20’s are 9.5” wide, with a +45 offset.

Agreed. I get wanting to have the OEM look, but Tesla rims are mostly form over function in my opinion. There are lots of aftermarket options that are cheaper and lighter. Wheels are probably the best and cheapest performance upgrades you can make on a car. It pays to spend a bit of time and effort here.

The rims on a set of winter wheels are a big don't care for me, especially where they salt the roads. It's all about the rubber.

If I really wanted the OEM look, I'd probably opt for a set of used 18" rims from a M3.

Reactions: pt19713
Agreed, OEM is expensive, but its easy, it doesn’t require searching and putting components together. Too bad they took so long to put them out there. They are for a specific type of buyer, someone who likes the factory look.
Whats the offset on the CF10? The factory wheels for 19’s and 20’s are 9.5” wide, with a +45 offset.
Mine are +35. I'd prefer +32 but for the price I'm getting them, +35 isn't an issue.