Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla should enable their cars with downloadable engine sounds like ring tones.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think cars should some sort of soft horn that you can press to alert nearby pedestrians that you are there without the jarring sound of a full horn, and I don't see any reason not to make it customization.

I don't see any reason not to enable applications to see how far the pedal is pressed, assuming you give permission to the app to do so, and that could be used to make fake engine sounds come through your speakers.

But I for one don't want fake engine sounds.

Halosonic

As always the banter is entertaining, thanks for the chuckles!

A nearly silent electric car is more stressful for the driver as pedestrians have not caught up, often move unpredictably caught unaware of our approach. I have been contemplating some sort of device that improves pedestrian safety. Then at the LA Auto Show was introduced to Halosonic (www.halosonic.co.uk and on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1CzoqEyACQ) by the US Lotus lead representative. I'll admit its kind of goofy, but until pedestrian/cyclist paradigm changes and EVs are far more commonplace we need a crutch. Personally I like the Back to the Future car sound. Gotta love that flux capacitor!