Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla design cars to be able to take a range extender just incase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we need to be prepared, like I’ve seen with removal of local council parking discounts, that EVs won’t/can’t be given special status when income needs to be found.
I agree there we now have too many EVs in London to keep offering things like free parking, congestion charge etc. I do think that the Vehicle Tax incentives should remain being based on emissions and a different threshold should apply to EVs to be classed a luxury.

I agree there we now have too many EVs in London to keep offering things like free parking, congestion charge etc. I do think that the Vehicle Tax incentives should remain being based on emissions and a different threshold should apply to EVs to be classed a luxury.
I think the over £40k tax on EV's shouldn't come into effect even though it is from next year. Fine to have road tax but don't put that extra tax on as EV's are naturally more expensive and that's still then a small incentive to take an EV.

Agree though on free parking and other things, cannot last sadly. The big one is what they'll do once they cannot make enough off the tax on fuel sales. They'll need to find a way to tax either the electricity that goes into your EV or charge per mile or just increase road tax hugely to make up for it. Even now on public charging, an EV can be more per mile than an ICE car and that's despite there being an awful lot of tax on the fuel that goes into that ICE.

Reactions: Doudeau