Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shutoff completely on the highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was on a drive this morning and it happened twice. This time, I had full control of the powertrain but the computer "restarted" I guess. It completely shutoff and started back on. I was able to send the bug report immediately. I have a 30 sec video of it, if anyone would like to take a look at it. Can't upload it here.

I'm glad that the tone has changed here over the years (e.g. folks considering it scary, a dangerous or serious issue, etc.). Years ago, when folks unexpected suffered loss of propulsion on their Teslas (not due to user error) and I suggested that folks report a safety defect to NHTSA via Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), unfortunately, numerous fanboys would attack and belittle me, blow it off, say things are "random", loss of propulsion isn't a safety issue :rolleyes:, shouldn't be reported to NHTSA and so on. They seemed motivated to "protect" Tesla and thought they were doing so.

Sometimes, when I brought it up, the chatter would get moved to When to report NHTSA issues? which got created "for" me.

At least finally seen other users here (when there's a clear safety defect) also suggest reporting to NHTSA and not get belittled. Finally... This is the norm for all other car forums I've been on.

Reactions: chinnam3