Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla software update bricked my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You dont say what "mandatory update" version number you are talking about, and what you have tried. If your car truly is non functional, you contact tesla by going into the app and contacting roadside assistance. You dont call anyone via phone call.
I did contact Tesla twice. I am still waiting after some hours. Incredible horrible experience

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
I did contact Tesla twice. I am still waiting after some hours. Incredible horrible experience
Last time I used roadside assistance, I had an immediate response. It was however for an actual issue on the road (tire puncture). They don't treat you with the same urgency if your car is parked at home.

I called the number actually:

From your description, most likely your 12V battery died. You can probably jump start it to gain access to your car again.

Can we clarify that when you say you "contacted tesla twice" that the what you actually mean is "i contacted tesla by opening the app and requesting roadside assistance, twice"?
phone call. When enter the car the connect to car caused a disruption.

I have a scheduled appointment and the earliest is in a few days. This is a malfunction in the vehicle and no fault of my own. What if I was stranded?

This is upsetting (obviously). But I am not going to vent about all the incredibly bad support I have received so far. I am going to wait the days when my vehicle is looked at. In the mean time, I will make a decision on the relation with Tesla, current and future. As of now, this experience and other things, such as high cost of insurance.. has me considering other options. We also own a KIA EV6 so I have the ability to compare service and EV vehicle operations.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
What if I was stranded?

You would use the app and contact roadside assistance, like I mentioned you should do in my first post in this thread, and they would arrange a tow.

The app roadside assistance doesnt take hours to get through to.

The waiting for hours and stuff is actually on you, for not following the support path that is for disabled vehicles. Its certainly possible not to know that, but I mentioned it to you within 5 minutes or so of you making your first post.

I get not wanting to do app based support, but if thats the case, you might as well sell your Tesla as soon as the current issue is resolved, because thats the support path they have laid out. Anything else (trying to call someone and get them on the phone) is difficult to impossible... by design.

Reactions: Technokrat
Sorry, it has been an upsetting day as I need this vehicle to get to an appointment. Thanks everyone for the input
Good luck with it. BTW I would still recommend trying roadside assistance via the app. Perhaps they can try to re send the update, or see the codes if its a 12v battery issue and do a mobile appointment , or escalate your appointment, or tow the car to a service center if thats needed.

I dont think the regular call in line has any options like that, but I dont know that for a fact.

Good luck with it. BTW I would still recommend trying roadside assistance via the app. Perhaps they can try to re send the update, or see the codes if its a 12v battery issue and do a mobile appointment , or escalate your appointment, or tow the car to a service center if thats needed.

I dont think the regular call in line has any options like that, but I dont know that for a fact.
Online support warned me that online will consider me a non emergency. I did go thru the app and They have me scheduled in a few days. That is distressing as I need the vehicle. I think I am a bit upset as I was also told that getting a loaner may not happen.

phone call. When enter the car the connect to car caused a disruption.

I have a scheduled appointment and the earliest is in a few days. This is a malfunction in the vehicle and no fault of my own. What if I was stranded?

This is upsetting (obviously). But I am not going to vent about all the incredibly bad support I have received so far. I am going to wait the days when my vehicle is looked at. In the mean time, I will make a decision on the relation with Tesla, current and future. As of now, this experience and other things, such as high cost of insurance.. has me considering other options. We also own a KIA EV6 so I have the ability to compare service and EV vehicle operations.
1. You weren't stranded so there is no sense in worrying about something that didn't happen.
2. If you were stranded you could use your phone, install the Uber app, and they'll take you home.

Online support warned me that online will consider me a non emergency. I did go thru the app and They have me scheduled in a few days. That is distressing as I need the vehicle. I think I am a bit upset as I was also told that getting a loaner may not happen.
Yep, that's exactly the expected response. You aren't actually in an emergency (not on the roadside) so they will schedule you for later.

If you were actually on the roadside, they would have sent someone, if not to try to jump or fix, to tow the vehicle to an SC. Note a loaner is never guaranteed (it is only offered as courtesy, the warranty does not provide for loaners), the SC may offer you Uber credits or sometimes an Enterprise rental car.

The mandatory software update bricked my Model 3. Phone doesn't connect. Both cards does not work. I have been trying all day to contact Tesla of this issue and cannot get through. Has anyone else have this problem with assistance?
Just call their customer service. You’ll get a person to talk with within 5 minutes. That’s been the experience every time I’ve called about random things.