Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice I have mine setup to be mostly self powered except when I run low or when I plug in a car. With the charging limited to free times makes it easier to decrease my grid usage.
Amazing. This is why I still love Tesla. The Community.
1713841629639.png

Amazing. This is why I still love Tesla. The Community.
View attachment 1040843

Same, the devs working on the Powerwall Dashboard finally restored the per string data that was lost on the last firmware update. Happy to see that info to health check my system due to it's split North/South nature. Crazy how much effort people put into the community and their projects.

Reactions: Jones1
How long is the warranty on install? I think this piece fell off. It’s been more than a year since install.
Just wanted to give an update. Tesla came by and fixed the issue. None of my panels had the set screw installed. The part that irked me was They made me sign an agreement that I would be charged a $350 service visit fee if the damage was not covered under warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Just wanted to give an update. Tesla came by and fixed the issue. None of my panels had the set screw installed. The part that irked me was They made me sign an agreement that I would be charged a $350 service visit fee if the damage was not covered under warranty.
I’m shocked. When a company treats me great now. All these companies are trying to squeeze another Buck out of you.

Just Energy has confirmed. I’m no longer a customer. I will try out Tesla Electric Unlimited night charging plan to the rest of the year. Summer time. I have more of a credit. So I will try it during the current and upcoming seasons. When I get my CyberTruck 😭#FoundationScam. I will probably need Just Energy.

Just Energy has confirmed. I’m no longer a customer. I will try out Tesla Electric Unlimited night charging plan to the rest of the year. Summer time. I have more of a credit. So I will try it during the current and upcoming seasons. When I get my CyberTruck 😭#FoundationScam. I will probably need Just Energy.
You canceled your plan with JE? Do you have enough credit to offset their cancel fee?

So far, first week in back with JE has been heaven again. No worrying about usage, plenty of excess generation, and car stays charged throughout the day.

I just wish I could have an automation to turn on/off charge on solar based on a TOU plan, so that it charges on solar during the day, and charges from the powerwall to a set % at night if needed.

Any word on the VPP eligibility on Powerwall 3s?

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
So far, first week in back with JE has been heaven again. No worrying about usage, plenty of excess generation, and car stays charged throughout the day.

I just wish I could have an automation to turn on/off charge on solar based on a TOU plan, so that it charges on solar during the day, and charges from the powerwall to a set % at night if needed.

I did enjoy not having to fiddle with my system. Now that I have 3 PW’s. I can let it run with NetZero app for management.

No VPP yet. Still only for PW2 Non Tesla inverter only.

For the automation I highly recommend ChargeHQ, this is exactly what it does. Got the wife's MY using solar during the day if available (set a minimum solar production you want to see before charging and to start after PW is full) and if it hasn't fully charged during the day it will restart once nights free starts.

Reactions: Jones1
I’m no Tree Hugger. But I have noticed. Now I’m forced to conserve. I do love that I’m not abusing the Grid and conserving energy. Well…. I still abuse the Grid at Night. 😆
That change in stress is what caused me to consider the monetary cost of that stress. To me, it's easily worth $1,000 or so given how much I sat and watched the damn app all day. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: DTXMME and Jones1
I chose to charge my Powerwalls while I get free charging. Versus Draining them for charging the vehicle. I’m not sure if the software is smart enough to know yet. I think it should put the house on grid. Pause the powerwall until charging is complete. It didn’t perform like that the first night. I only waited a few minutes.
In the end I understand or believe it’s the vehicle intake of kWh’s that matter. Or that Tesla is looking at. That’s why they add the new section.
1714447443108.png

1714447709426.png

I woke up to a notification in my Tesla app. To check the down arrow menu at the top. I saw my reservation for my CT. I didn’t think anything of it. Then I remembered I had 2 CT’s on Reserve. So I checked again. I saw I’M IN LIKE TO GET AN OVERPRICED UNDERPERFORMING CT. 😂 Jk. So I pulled the trigger
1714501230113.jpeg

Reactions: DrewHou