Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will want to get a soft starter on each of those AC units. One main reason I went with 4 Powerwalls was to make sure I can start my 2 AC units at the same time in the event of an outage. Even with the four Powerwalls, I decided to install a soft start on each of my AC units outside. Soft starters will dramatically reduce the in rush surge amperage when the compressor starts. My large unit has a rated LRA of 109 amps, but with the soft starter, it usually draws in the low 30's.

I have two of the X48 units.
you are absolutely right, it was the compressor start that was triggering the trip. i need to get these. Thank you.

Reactions: Jones1
just got the power back early morning. Overall Powerwalls did great.
only issues faced:
- tripping when using ACs for long time
- Powerwall disconnected from wifi so didn't know much charge was there or what was the usage.

But nonetheless, they powered the house for 3.5 days day and night with no major issue. Entire reason to get Solar + Powerwall was events like this down here. Some folks had generators and they wouldn't work.

Tempting
1716253844502.png

Reactions: DrewHou
You will want to get a soft starter on each of those AC units. One main reason I went with 4 Powerwalls was to make sure I can start my 2 AC units at the same time in the event of an outage. Even with the four Powerwalls, I decided to install a soft start on each of my AC units outside. Soft starters will dramatically reduce the in rush surge amperage when the compressor starts. My large unit has a rated LRA of 109 amps, but with the soft starter, it usually draws in the low 30's.

I have two of the X48 units.
Was it difficult or expensive to install?

They did it all I believe.
I got my Y there.
I got my Y Service there for a seat bracket replacement.
Yep and the wait time at the new location in the woodlands for a simple service appointment is a few months long. Thankfully it’s not anything serious but this has me concerned about Tesla service. It was already bad, and seems to be going the wrong direction.

Yep and the wait time at the new location in the woodlands for a simple service appointment is a few months long. Thankfully it’s not anything serious but this has me concerned about Tesla service. It was already bad, and seems to be going the wrong direction.
I was 3 weeks out for a Windshield replacement. Next week I have to figure out. How I’m going to get my vehicle there. Then go to work. Hopefully my Wife will be off. So she may take it. Woodlands 🤦🏽‍♂️

I was 3 weeks out for a Windshield replacement. Next week I have to figure out. How I’m going to get my vehicle there. Then go to work. Hopefully my Wife will be off. So she may take it. Woodlands 🤦🏽‍♂️
Nice 3 weeks isn’t bad. Hoping they don’t just bandaid the Model 3 suspension issues where I have to go back again. That seems to be common they grease it knowing it won’t fix anything and then you have to come back. I will be pushing against that with these current wait times.

It wasn't too bad for 3 weeks, you better pick up the car during business hours, so that you can return to them immediately if something is wrong. I have no confidence in Tesla fixing windows. A couple of months ago, the mobile tech fixed the actuator and left, I should have checked the work but I was in the middle of a meeting. Later on, I found the window was not aligned, and the gaps are enough to slip letters in, it looks like a work of a 5 years old, some probably better than the that tech.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
It wasn't too bad for 3 weeks, you better pick up the car during business hours, so that you can return to them immediately if something is wrong. I have no confidence in Tesla fixing windows. A couple of months ago, the mobile tech fixed the actuator and left, I should have checked the work but I was in the middle of a meeting. Later on, I found the window was not aligned, and the gaps are enough to slip letters in, it looks like a work of a 5 years old, some probably better than the that tech.
Yep. They need to be Unionized. As a Union member. Not UAW. Lol
We respect the work Quality.
Our name , Brothers and Sisters are on our work. They may have a problem with the product or part. Never with the quality of install. We drive for Perfection. Well at least my Union.

• Funny
Reactions: cbdream99
Yep. They need to be Unionized. As a Union member. Not UAW. Lol
We respect the work Quality.
Our name , Brothers and Sisters are on our work. They may have a problem with the product or part. Never with the quality of install. We drive for Perfection. Well at least my Union.
It's called Quality is Job One, Third time's a Charm, Won't stop until the problem is solved.