Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s what my 9.2 KW system is doing with PTO and two 7.6KW inverters. The highest production I’ve had this year was 49.3 View attachment 950809
oh wow nice.... yes in the morning i know my system could generate more but PW is 100% and utilization is not that high. But yes, would be happy with 45 KWH production. if you are generating 46-49 KWH with 6.3 peak production it is great. You need more panels if you have already have two 7.6 KWH inverters. 9.2 KW system would give ideal 1.2 DC ratio with just one 7.6 KW inverter. How many strings (MP1, MP2, etc) do you have going into each inverter?

Reactions: DrewHou
This is what I’m seeing. I also signed up around 6/9. It seems to stop draining anywhere from 11:00 at night to about 4:00 am, then it will finally start draining the battery again. Usually about 51%, but the other night it was almost 60%. I was assuming they think they would need it the next day.

No confirmation email from Tesla, but isn’t that normal? 😀
💯 😆

I don’t see this. You got me excited that I might be able to charge for free. With the Texas heat right now, my system can’t keep up, so I can barely charge the car on excess solar during the day like I used to. I can only gain about 5% on solar, where in the Spring, I could top of the car and still be generating excess power.

Did you register any cars? Did they ask for the rumored $30 per month?
I noticed it. After the last Tesla app update. I have sent several emails to Tesla Electric. Letting them know how the plan needs to change. Also begging for the unlimited charging. 😆
The last email response was to tell me. It will be available later this year. To current Tesla Electric and PW owners. Currently it’s only available if you buy a model 3. By June 30.
😢

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
oh wow nice.... yes in the morning i know my system could generate more but PW is 100% and utilization is not that high. But yes, would be happy with 45 KWH production. if you are generating 46-49 KWH with 6.3 peak production it is great. You need more panels if you have already have two 7.6 KWH inverters. 9.2 KW system would give ideal 1.2 DC ratio with just one 7.6 KW inverter. How many strings (MP1, MP2, etc) do you have going into each inverter?
So Tesla told me because I have two powerwall+ it was a straight requirement to have two 7.6 inverters as they are included with the powerwalls.

I have 6 strings total with panels facing in all 4 directions. One has MP1, 2, 3 and 5 on it totaling 10 panels

Other has MP4 and 6 on it totaling 13 panels

I originally ordered a much larger system but Tesla made it smaller. Fought to get it back up to 9.2 but at install the installers told me it could have been bigger. So I placed a second order and Tesla refuses to add a second system saying there’s not enough room. I think if I want to add more I would have to go with someone other than Tesla and since they can’t tie into my powerwalls I will just deal with it the way it is. I have 3 years with free nights and if the free nights end I guess I will sell my house and get a one story with a long unobstructed roof line that faces south hahaha. Especially since 10 of my panels here face due north.

I noticed it. After the last Tesla app update. I have sent several emails to Tesla Electric. Letting them know how the plan needs to change. Also begging for the unlimited charging. 😆
The last email response was to tell me. It will be available later this year. To current Tesla Electric and PW owners. Currently it’s only available if you buy a model 3. By June 30.
😢
But let’s be honest that’s only a perk to make you forget about the fact you buying the last of the last of the current design. Highland M3 gotta be right around the corner….

Reactions: Jones1
Since I only have 2 PWs, I cannot make it through the night since the heat started, but power generation is no problem. I’m still dumping excess solar during the day and trying my best to charge the car with this excess solar. That being said, since the heat started, I can only gain about 10% in my Model X with excess solar right now. During spring, I charged in to 90% everyday with the excess.

One day last week, Tesla Energy was paying me almost $5.00/kWh for my excess. In fact, they drained my battery at that price so that I had to run the rest of the night on grid power. But, they paid me $5.00 and I bought at $0.11, so I think it was a great deal. My only regret is I didn’t get more PWs.

So Tesla told me because I have two powerwall+ it was a straight requirement to have two 7.6 inverters as they are included with the powerwalls.

I have 6 strings total with panels facing in all 4 directions. One has MP1, 2, 3 and 5 on it totaling 10 panels

Other has MP4 and 6 on it totaling 13 panels

I originally ordered a much larger system but Tesla made it smaller. Fought to get it back up to 9.2 but at install the installers told me it could have been bigger. So I placed a second order and Tesla refuses to add a second system saying there’s not enough room. I think if I want to add more I would have to go with someone other than Tesla and since they can’t tie into my powerwalls I will just deal with it the way it is. I have 3 years with free nights and if the free nights end I guess I will sell my house and get a one story with a long unobstructed roof line that faces south hahaha. Especially since 10 of my panels here face due north.
oh that makes sense, didn't know you had 2 powerwall+, yes they come with inverter. something i learned and now tell friends is you only need 1 powerwall for service line. Tesla corporate folks are stubborn sometimes, local install crew was great. we knew we were getting solar so picked a lot and designed the house in NE->SW orientation so the side roof and back roof capture entire sun movement during the day.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Thank you man...sorry to hear about your car. I think Houston is not a right place to drive Tesla or any nice electric car because once they get into even a minor accident it just a nightmare. And the way folks drive here, like it or not, we are bound to be in an accident at some point. What's up with all the paper car plates? most of them are on junk type old cars, not even sure if they are insured. have not seen them in any other city in Texas or elsewhere...
Paper Plate Scam. I call it. Used car lots printing off paper plates. So people can drive illegally. They are suppose to crackdown on it. But they won’t. This is Texas. The BarNone state. 😆

Paper Plate Scam. I call it. Used car lots printing off paper plates. So people can drive illegally. They are suppose to crackdown on it. But they won’t. This is Texas. The BarNone state. 😆
Well if you got a name of a dealership offering them dm me… because I may be rolling with fake paper plates now that Texas wanna charge 400/200 dollars EV tax a year. Hahaha just kidding!

If I was able to get the unlimited night charging. I would of made a profit for June. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 😢 😆
Also pictures can be posted again on this forum. They have fixed the issues.

1687803753500.jpeg

Since I only have 2 PWs, I cannot make it through the night since the heat started, but power generation is no problem. I’m still dumping excess solar during the day and trying my best to charge the car with this excess solar. That being said, since the heat started, I can only gain about 10% in my Model X with excess solar right now. During spring, I charged in to 90% everyday with the excess.

One day last week, Tesla Energy was paying me almost $5.00/kWh for my excess. In fact, they drained my battery at that price so that I had to run the rest of the night on grid power. But, they paid me $5.00 and I bought at $0.11, so I think it was a great deal. My only regret is I didn’t get more PWs.
You can order just Powerwalls now from Tesla, maybe it makes sense to add a couple with the Tesla Electric plan and VPP.

LFP PW3. I’m going to take out a 15 year loan. I’m getting 3 more. 😆 In a couple of years. Probably next year.