Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with Just Energy or Amigo, how long did the first bill take? I'm now 9 days past the first reading and still no bill. Mainly trying to see if I'm getting credits for generation yet. (The last payment date is always the current date so was hoping that's a sign of the generation credit)
With Amigo usually 7-10 days for it to be viewable online and then another 2-3 days or so for it to show up in the mail after the end of my billing period.

Reactions: Jones1
I've been on free nights for 10+ years, EV(s) for the past ~6, and solar/pw for past ~2 (grid charging past ~6 months). I don't think I've yet to have an "uneconomical" month. Since going solar/pw, I have <10 days where I use more than 4 kWh peak (~$1) and I would attribute all of them to automation mistakes or the car's gps not knowing it's plugged in at home and starts drawing 10 kW immediately :mad:. I have however switched one of our AC units to a HP, so we'll see how it goes this winter on cold/cloudy days.
For additional info, solar was initially sized for ~66% offset. But my current lifetime generation is 32MWh and 70MWh imported from grid.

• Informative
For additional info, solar was initially sized for ~66% offset. But my current lifetime generation is 32MWh and 70MWh imported from grid.
Thanks for the info.
Are you in the Houston Area?
What company were you using for free nights without having Solar?
I use to have Reliant free nights. That could have been over 10 years ago.

Yeah they came out again and this time told me this is a known issue but Tesla doesn’t have a procedure yet on how to clean the coils on the S and X and basically said I need to just vent the windows and run the air for a few minutes before getting in my car. LOL what a joke. 6 figure car little over a year old and they tell me there’s no way to clean it so it doesn’t gag you with a bad smell. I wish I could swap it out for a Model Y or 3 at this point but who wants to take a 60k dollar loss on it (which is what Tesla quoted on trade) haha.
Same here for 2022 X. I got the cabin filters replaced a few times with no luck. The issue is with the HEPA filter that can get wet and moldy.
I had a mobile came to the house this morning to replace it but he said he can't do it. Needs to be at SC.
Yet, a few days ago, Tesla switched my SC appointment to this mobile because they said it can be done with mobile.
Well

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Same here for 2022 X. I got the cabin filters replaced a few times with no luck. The issue is with the HEPA filter that can get wet and moldy.
I had a mobile came to the house this morning to replace it but he said he can't do it. Needs to be at SC.
Yet, a few days ago, Tesla switched my SC appointment to this mobile because they said it can be done with mobile.
Well
Interesting… mobile guy said it would be close to 900 dollars to swap that filter that was supposed to be good for 3 years. They give you a quote on it yet? Assuming S and X are probably same part and labor for this.

For those with smelling AC, do you park the car in a garage or leave it out? I've wondered about this. I've never had any AC smell issues, either with the current Model X or the previous Model Y. We had the Model Y for over 2 years and we are over a year with the Model X.

Interesting… I logged in tonight to see if anything had shown up on my PW order yet. Nothing but the site assessment step is no longer there. I wonder if they decided they didn’t need it or if it’s a glitch.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.png
    IMG_0520.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Informative
Interesting… I logged in tonight to see if anything had shown up on my PW order yet. Nothing but the site assessment step is no longer there. I wonder if they decided they didn’t need it or if it’s a glitch.
I show completed site survey. I did notice added steps or reorganized steps. Now that the site survey is completed. Now it’s showing my down payment is due once system is completed and has passed inspection. Before it showed after system is designed. I would need to pay down payment.

Reactions: DrewHou
I see the UV index in the apple weather app. Do you oi see them matching your solar generation output?
The Solar Arch is almost the same. Rain, Snow & temperature. Is never accurate. Compared to what I see and get in my outdoor temperature sensors. Apple and Google suck at that. The UV index is pretty close and it’s free. 😆

So an update for anyone with incorrect data in the CSV file or showing peak usage in the app that is not correct or also Powerwall sending to grid when it’s not… I have all three of these issues and Tesla is apparently aware of these issues. Here’s the response I finally got after months of pushing it up the chain.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpeg
    IMG_0531.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 10
So an update for anyone with incorrect data in the CSV file or showing peak usage in the app that is not correct or also Powerwall sending to grid when it’s not… I have all three of these issues and Tesla is apparently aware of these issues. Here’s the response I finally got after months of pushing it up the chain.
I’ve had a few issues with the Software for PW+. I think they are under staffed. Just seeing how Elon Gutted Twitter. Creating the lack of customer support and lag the app has now. Tesla Could be the Best Company in the world. If they took Steve Jobs/ Tim Cook method. Hire the Best and focus on your Software and support first. How can your newest PW’s not have the software updated or fixed to be in VPP. 😂

Reactions: DrewHou