Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto insurance.
FYI

I added my wife’s vehicle. A Toyota Hybrid. To my Tesla insurance policy. For a $30 per month savings. Still haven’t received the documents yet. It was done through the Tesla app.
I believe it will start tomorrow.
Yeah before I sold off our Benz and went only Tesla two months ago I had the Benz on Tesla insurance too and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I was surprised because I figured it would be higher due to it not being a Tesla. No gas cars anymore though just down to the two Teslas.

Reactions: Jones1
Update: so nothing changed other than they removed the second gateway from my plans and everything else remained the same. I told them I wanted them inside the garage and the chat rep said that shouldn’t be a problem on install day. So we will see haha.

I think the real problem will be that the buried conduit is full and can’t take anymore wiring but I told them that when I ordered so we shall see once I get the approvals and an install date.

Update: so nothing changed other than they removed the second gateway from my plans and everything else remained the same. I told them I wanted them inside the garage and the chat rep said that shouldn’t be a problem on install day. So we will see haha.

I think the real problem will be that the buried conduit is full and can’t take anymore wiring but I told them that when I ordered so we shall see once I get the approvals and an install date.
Get some K-Y Jelly. Tell the installers to make it happen. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou

So no new gateway if adding more powerwalls? Looks like I should bite the bullet and add 2 more.

So this summer I was looking at how I could make the least environmental impact and one place that really hit me was my lawn care people. They pull up in a huge gas powered truck with gas powered lawn mowers, weed eaters and blowers. I tried to find a lawn care company that was environmentally conscious and couldn’t find any which I guess makes sense. So I decided I would start taking care of my own yard. First I bought one of those push mowers with no motors just rotating blades… about two months in I realized these were made for 16 year olds that haven’t thrown their back out from years and years of working lol. So last month I bought a Ryobi battery powered lawn mower and I highly recommend it. Takes me about an hour to mow my lawn and I end with about 50% battery left. My weedeater and blower are dewalt and use the same batteries as my other battery tools. Love the whole setup and honestly I’m saving money and having less impact on the environment.

Anyone else switch over from gas lawn tools? I know it’s more work than just paying a lawn care team but honestly I’m kinda enjoying the alone time haha.

So this summer I was looking at how I could make the least environmental impact and one place that really hit me was my lawn care people. They pull up in a huge gas powered truck with gas powered lawn mowers, weed eaters and blowers. I tried to find a lawn care company that was environmentally conscious and couldn’t find any which I guess makes sense. So I decided I would start taking care of my own yard. First I bought one of those push mowers with no motors just rotating blades… about two months in I realized these were made for 16 year olds that haven’t thrown their back out from years and years of working lol. So last month I bought a Ryobi battery powered lawn mower and I highly recommend it. Takes me about an hour to mow my lawn and I end with about 50% battery left. My weedeater and blower are dewalt and use the same batteries as my other battery tools. Love the whole setup and honestly I’m saving money and having less impact on the environment.

Anyone else switch over from gas lawn tools? I know it’s more work than just paying a lawn care team but honestly I’m kinda enjoying the alone time haha.
I’ve been Using All Ryobi lawn tools. For years now. They work great.
I own the 18volt OnePlus Lawnmower, leaf blower , Tree trimmer, chainsaw, 2 weed eater’s and portable fans. Love the products. When I moved to my new house. I stopped doing my own yard. My current home yard is 3 times the size of my previous home. I do miss doing my own yard but I hate doing all the flower beds. I went from only using 3 bags of mulch to 20. 😂
Ryobi power tools are great as well.

I own the 18volt OnePlus Lawnmower, leaf blower , Tree trimmer, chainsaw, 2 weed eater’s and portable fans. Love the products. When I moved to my new house. I stopped doing my own yard. My current home yard is 3 times the size of my previous home. I do miss doing my own yard but I hate doing all the flower beds. I went from only using 3 bags of mulch to 20. 😂
Yeah I have always been a dewalt guy love their tools but there was a LOT of bad reviews on their lawnmowers so I went Ryobi for that and love it! Talking about flowerbeds… that is the one thing I hate more than anything haha I done landscaping in the back yard and that’s about 25 bags of mulch alone and then another 10-15 in the front. Although doing it myself this past summer taught me you can put a LOT of bags of mulch in a Model S haha. I think I may hire a kid to just take care of the beds and just keep trimming and mowing myself.

Yeah I have always been a dewalt guy love their tools but there was a LOT of bad reviews on their lawnmowers so I went Ryobi for that and love it! Talking about flowerbeds… that is the one thing I hate more than anything haha I done landscaping in the back yard and that’s about 25 bags of mulch alone and then another 10-15 in the front. Although doing it myself this past summer taught me you can put a LOT of bags of mulch in a Model S haha. I think I may hire a kid to just take care of the beds and just keep trimming and mowing myself.
😂
Yes. I loaded my model y with mulch. I checked the specs first. Then I loaded from Funk to Trunk with mulch. I’ve only did my flower beds about 4 times. In the 3 years I’ve live here. I do the side of the house. It’s a corner lot. Then I do the front. On a different day. You are right. That’s why it’s only 20 bags for me. 20 for each side. 😂
Then my back and legs are sore for weeks. 😂
My wife and I wanted to do a Garden in the fence on the side of my lot. And extend my patio with a garden. But damn that much mulch gets expensive. 😂

😂
Yes. I loaded my model y with mulch. I checked the specs first. Then I loaded from Funk to Trunk with mulch. I’ve only did my flower beds about 4 times. In the 3 years I’ve live here. I do the side of the house. It’s a corner lot. Then I do the front. On a different day. You are right. That’s why it’s only 20 bags for me. 20 for each side. 😂
Then my back and legs are sore for weeks. 😂
My wife and I wanted to do a Garden in the fence on the side of my lot. And extend my patio with a garden. But damn that much mulch gets expensive. 😂
Nice yeah I did rock on my side of the house to cut down on mowing and since I’m between houses it worked out well. I wish the rest was rock as well because this mulch every year is expensive and kills my back and legs like you said. I figure I would need HOA approval to switch the front to rock and ugh. I was really afraid a battery lawn mower would get bogged down or just not last long enough but so far so good.

Only things left in the house that are not electric is the hot water heater, cooktop, and the gas heat for the house. And I don’t plan on changing any of those in this house except maybe the hot water heater once it gets a bit older.

Nice yeah I did rock on my side of the house to cut down on mowing and since I’m between houses it worked out well. I wish the rest was rock as well because this mulch every year is expensive and kills my back and legs like you said. I figure I would need HOA approval to switch the front to rock and ugh. I was really afraid a battery lawn mower would get bogged down or just not last long enough but so far so good.

Only things left in the house that are not electric is the hot water heater, cooktop, and the gas heat for the house. And I don’t plan on changing any of those in this house except maybe the hot water heater once it gets a bit older.
Did you go 40volt Ryobi or 18 volt ?
I have a coworker that has the 40 volt. I own the 18 volt. I would use 2 batteries for the back and front. Then another 2 batteries for the sides. It worked well. Because I would dump the bag. Get a drink. Then swop batteries. This was at my old house. Now. I would probably need to use 5-6 batteries I’m thinking. With my current yard. Still cheaper than gas. Even if a person doesn’t care about the environment. You know. A fool. 😆
You have to care about your own health. Smelling gas fumes in my garage at my previous home. Was terrible. That’s the main reason I switched to electric lawn tools.

Did you go 40volt Ryobi or 18 volt ?
I have a coworker that has the 40 volt. I own the 18 volt. I would use 2 batteries for the back and front. Then another 2 batteries for the sides. It worked well. Because I would dump the bag. Get a drink. Then swop batteries. This was at my old house. Now. I would probably need to use 5-6 batteries I’m thinking. With my current yard. Still cheaper than gas. Even if a person doesn’t care about the environment. You know. A fool. 😆
You have to care about your own health. Smelling gas fumes in my garage at my previous home. Was terrible. That’s the main reason I switched to electric lawn tools.
40v 20 inch. I don’t know the size of my yard but the backs pretty big. Even with weekly mowings I have to empty the bag about 4 times and after all that still about 50% battery left. I was very impressed.

I actually made a joke about this the other day I am like if I had a gas mower what would I do go to the gas station in my Tesla and fill the can up in my frunk? How many people would be so confused hahaha.

• Funny
I’m getting ready for the Twins. 😆
Had to take down some wall mounts. For the PW’s
1700335958746.jpeg

• Love
I've slowing transitioning from Kobalt to EGO products.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Anyone using Tesla charge on solar and seeing weird things? Since I haven’t been using as much power during the day since it cooled down I decided to turn charge on solar back on. However, something doesn’t add up. Charge on solar says it sent 10kwh to my car, however my car only increased 1% in charge. Math would say that should be closer to a 10% increase. Am I missing something?

You guys are late to the game. I bought all EGO lawn mower, trimmer, blower back in 2016 when I first got my Tesla. I did my own yardcare and saved so much money. It was satisfying too.
We have other Ryobi tools too for tools like drills and such.
Now we get older and have the yard guys mow it every few weeks. I wish they move to power tools but looks like not going to happen anytime soon.
The noise of their blowers is ears shattering even if they are many houses away.