Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you guys production the last few weeks when it was cloudy and rainy?
Not that good.

1700419981706.png

You guys are late to the game. I bought all EGO lawn mower, trimmer, blower back in 2016 when I first got my Tesla. I did my own yardcare and saved so much money. It was satisfying too.
We have other Ryobi tools too for tools like drills and such.
Now we get older and have the yard guys mow it every few weeks. I wish they move to power tools but looks like not going to happen anytime soon.
The noise of their blowers is ears shattering even if they are many houses away.
Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when I got my electric lawn mower was oh wow this thing is not loud at all. I could mow in the middle of the night if I wanted. Yeah what I spent on equipment paid for itself very quickly not paying the lawn guys. Plus I get to be extra picky about how it looks now haha.

What you guys production the last few weeks when it was cloudy and rainy?
Abismal! Had the lowest production ever since installation at 1.8 kWh. North-facing panels barely produce 100 watts per panel even when it's sunny. The upside is that the house is using very little power, and if it wasn't for the M3, one PW could support 24 hours of no sun or grid lol! Still, grateful it can charge from the grid because I'd rather not have to depend on the sun to top it off right now.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Abismal! Had the lowest production ever since installation at 1.8 kWh. North-facing panels barely produce 100 watts per panel even when it's sunny. The upside is that the house is using very little power, and if it wasn't for the M3, one PW could support 24 hours of no sun or grid lol! Still, grateful it can charge from the grid because I'd rather not have to depend on the sun to top it off right now.
Yeah grid charging is great for days like today. Cloudy and a little rainy and I’m still making just enough to cover my day time usage and put a tiny bit back on the powerwall. If the AC needs to kick on then not so much but I have plenty to make it through the day even if it does kick on.

That’s with my 85 inch tv on in the background while I work if I turned that off I would probably do even better.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.png
    IMG_0839.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Jones1
I made a bit over 2000 Kwh in Nov from my 42 Kw system which consists of 3 gateways. 2 of them makes over 700 Kwh and the smaller section made over 500 Kwh.
There are still days I need to pull from grid before 9PM. It hurts to see that but I hope the rest of the year will make up for it.
Nice! Yeah last year Nov was my first full month after install and I made 465 kWh in solar and used 845. This was before I knew how to set things up properly with grid charging and free nights. That and at the time I was still worried about grid charging and tax credit stuff.

I would love to have the roof space for a 42 kw system but there’s always next house if the mortgage rates go back down to 1-2% hahaha (I can dream right?)

Now I have to paint my EMT to match the garage walls. 😂 I can’t un see it.
@SteveO332
Actually one of the ideas I had but gave up on it was to paint them red and put led light strips on the back and find a way to program them to do a streak of light to match the Tesla app based on if the PWs were running the house or if it was solar. I thought it would look badass but then realized I’m in the garage so little it would be a big project to see just for a few seconds every day haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Actually one of the ideas I had but gave up on it was to paint them red and put led light strips on the back and find a way to program them to do a streak of light to match the Tesla app based on if the PWs were running the house or if it was solar. I thought it would look badass but then realized I’m in the garage so little it would be a big project to see just for a few seconds every day haha.
I only had the idea of using the same paint. That is on my garage walls. Because I had some attic stock left over. From buying the house. I was being cheap. 😆
Red would look good. I think I would go my current wall color or black to match the exterior of my house.

Reactions: DrewHou
Those of you with free nights with Centerpoint, how are you setting time based control? I've seen a few questions on this and don't see any fixes, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I'm on free nights, and want to grid charge the powerwalls offpeak (grid charging is on). I have to manually change my reserve to 100% at off-peak, and back to time based before peak. Otherwise, it tries to rely on the grid as little as possible and doesn't charge the PWs above reserve if it thinks it can charge from solar the next day.

I've tried playing with the prices, but no luck. I've tried adding some cost to the offpeak, but doesn't seem to make a difference. I really wish I could see what the algorithm was planning daily. 😞

Goal
- Charge powerwalls to 100% during off peak
- Rely on solar and powerwalls during peak

I don't believe I can automate this yet, as the APIs for powerwall 3 aren't fully known.

IMG_AE03ED54CE95-1.jpeg

Reactions: DrewHou