Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's because the system is too large? They do have some verbiage about being limited to 25 kW systems in their buyback agreement:

This is the same for Just Energy. Sadly nobody else seems to offer Nights Free with Buyback (I fear this option will disappear completely from the market tbh). Best case, maximize your buyback with the best rate so you can bank your excess. Check out for options: Texas Solar Buyback Plans - Texas Power Guide
It seems to confirm my suspicion that Amigo and soon others will try to make up lies to kick out high usage customers who are net exporters.
I'm going to make a PUCT complaint about how they canceled my free night contract and switched me to a variable month to month plan without officially informing me via writing, email or call.
They then emailed me 2 months bills in Dec, 2 months after switching over my plan without informing me. Basically tell me to pay it or else. It's a breach of contract.

It's a lot of shady stuff going on here and I'm tired of dealing with it. I'll make sure people are aware of these practices.

Just to update that I signed up for Direct Energy free night. I no longer have the buy back program since only Amigo/Just Energy (same corp) offers those.
I need to find ways to use those extra solar.

Options:

1) Bootleg distillery
2) Growing “greenery”
3) Extension cord to the neighbors and let them sell it back to Just Energy
4) One word: Plastics

It seems to confirm my suspicion that Amigo and soon others will try to make up lies to kick out high usage customers who are net exporters.
I'm going to make a PUCT complaint about how they canceled my free night contract and switched me to a variable month to month plan without officially informing me via writing, email or call.
They then emailed me 2 months bills in Dec, 2 months after switching over my plan without informing me. Basically tell me to pay it or else. It's a breach of contract.

It's a lot of shady stuff going on here and I'm tired of dealing with it. I'll make sure people are aware of these practices.
Try Tesla Electric. You can cancel at anytime. No fee.

Last edited:
I don't think TE will work for me.
For example, total usage is 5000Kwh a month with 95% of those during night time.
Selling back 1000 - 2000 Kwh a month.
2 EV.
I will end up paying a bill each month, no mater the numbers.
Yes, that’s how it looks like for me in the app with TE’s estimates. Only month it shows a credit is when I was on vacation and didn’t charge the EV at all. Overall it’s about half the cost of my previous fixed rate plan before going nights free though. @Jones1 did TE ever offer that EV monthly option?

IMG_5232.png

Yes, that’s how it looks like for me in the app with TE’s estimates. Only month it shows a credit is when I was on vacation and didn’t charge the EV at all. Overall it’s about half the cost of my previous fixed rate plan before going nights free though. @Jones1 did TE ever offer that EV monthly option?

View attachment 1005655
Never. It’s currently. Only for non Powerwall owners.

• Helpful
Reactions: wiltoking
Last winter Center Point gas bills

View attachment 1003396
So far I’m saving $20-$30 the last couple of months. Using Electric Space heater’s. Bill went from $60-$70 down to $30-$50.
That is actually pretty incredible savings with space heaters! How many space heaters do you have and how much kw do they use when all are running? Do they decrease the humidity too much or make the house feel too dry? That has always been one of my gripes with natural gas heating but it might be regional as I think DFW is less humid than Houston. I bought an electric radiator (supposedly less drying) last month to use in the bedroom and it definitely decreases nighttime heating usage. Will need more data to see how much actual savings since during the day I run the main system to heat up the whole home.

Reactions: h2ofun and Jones1
That is actually pretty incredible savings with space heaters! How many space heaters do you have and how much kw do they use when all are running? Do they decrease the humidity too much or make the house feel too dry? That has always been one of my gripes with natural gas heating but it might be regional as I think DFW is less humid than Houston. I bought an electric radiator (supposedly less drying) last month to use in the bedroom and it definitely decreases nighttime heating usage. Will need more data to see how much actual savings since during the day I run the main system to heat up the whole home.
I have 4 electric Space heaters.
I have 1 electric Fire place.
I set my Central Heating furnace to 70/71 dual zone. Three of my space heaters are 3 Dreo WiFi Space Heaters. Set to come on at 9pm-7am. I turn them on manually by app during the day. If it’s a lot of Solar production.
I measured the dreo usage. It can range from 0 watts to 800 watts. High is about 1200 watts.
Most of the time 1 or 2 are running at full power. 1200 watts or so. I believe they may come on for 10-15 minutes then turn off. Once they reach the set temp. I set them at 72 or 73. The hardest part was keeping them off the same 15amp breaker. Took about 30 minutes of tripping breakers. Until I found 3 separate breakers. To use. That would be spread out throw the house. I purchased the heaters during the summer. I’ll probably get one more for upstairs. Next summer.

Reactions: DTXMME
Amigo is cancelling my night free plan with solar buy back. They gave me some BS about my meter is no longer compatible with their night plan. It was working for few months and now no longer compatible?

I'm on the hunt for new night plan free with some solar buy back. Just Energy is their sister company so I think it will be the same issue.

Anyone has any recommendation and referral code?

Following up here. Green Mointain has a free nights that I didn’t notice and it looks like it has some kind of netting option:

AllNighter 24 EFL

Reactions: EL0NTRK and Jones1
Reactions: phsoccer and Jones1
Following up here. Green Mointain has a free nights that I didn’t notice and it looks like it has some kind of netting option:

AllNighter 24 EFL
I may look into this. First glance from my phone shows free night from 8pm to 6pm.
I couldnt find any buy back info there yet.
My plan with Direct Energy will not start until the 8th and they only have free from 9pm to 9am. No buy back.
I went to their website, entered the zipcode and found the plan with buy back info

Last edited:
Here is the Terms of services for people on the AllNighter24 with buy back plan. Notice the maximum system they allow is 50 Kw rated output.
They did not specify the rate where they will buy back. I assume it's 3 cents.
Got my service switched to GME a few days ago. I was wrong. They don't give you buy back credit when you are on free night plans.
It seems Amigo/Just Energy/Tara are the only ones with that but I rather not using them and forgo my credits I built there to avoid all the billing issues they caused me.

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Got my service switched to GME a few days ago. I was wrong. They don't give you buy back credit when you are on free night plans.
It seems Amigo/Just Energy/Tara are the only ones with that but I rather not using them and forgo my credits I built there to avoid all the billing issues they caused me.

I feel like they need to change their Facts Label in that case. It seems to state the free nights does offer distributed buy back.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Just realized it's been a year with Tesla Solar woooh! Total of 6.1 MWh's generated on a 5.6 kW system even though the first four months were without PTO. Next milestone 1yr of PTO in April. Interestingly, thanks to the EV, the solar offset has only been 47% (from an originally estimated 103% hehe). Of course, once solar was installed we stopped getting power outages, so only managed 3 hours of backup so far :(

Reactions: DTXMME and Jones1