Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One system is at 62%, one is at 42% and another one is at 70%.
All generated 7 Kwh in total.
As I have no credit yet, I think today and tomorrow I will have some net consumption.
Will refill my PWs at 8pm today and preheat the house over night so it does not need to use too much power tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
One system is at 62%, one is at 42% and another one is at 70%.
All generated 7 Kwh in total.
As I have no credit yet, I think today and tomorrow I will have some net consumption.
Will refill my PWs at 8am today and preheat the house over night so it does not need to use too much power tomorrow.
I didn’t even think about preheating the house overnight. I do that in the summer with cooling the house overnight but never did it with heat maybe I will try that tonight. If I can stand the heat while I sleep haha!

Reactions: Jones1
Great temperature sensor.
1705343915589.png
SwitchBot IP65 Indoor Outdoor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVZC9Q31?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: DrewHou
Looks like tomorrow we will have more ☀️.
Yup, the sun will help tomorrow. That's the second use case I want to experience with my system, very cold but with solar production.

For the current cloudy day and cold, PW was at my 10% reserve by noon. Aux-Heating is tougher than normal heating/cooling because the 1 PW would last me a whole day in the summer without sun. Could look at setting the Nest to "balanced" instead of "comfort" to cut down on aux-heat but for today we're fine staying warm.

Just upped my reserve to 60% just to have a good buffer from here until 9m when free nights kick in. Grid seems like it will be ok the rest of the day though.

It
Yup, the sun will help tomorrow. That's the second use case I want to experience with my system, very cold but with solar production.

For the current cloudy day and cold, PW was at my 10% reserve by noon. Aux-Heating is tougher than normal heating/cooling because the 1 PW would last me a whole day in the summer without sun. Could look at setting the Nest to "balanced" instead of "comfort" to cut down on aux-heat but for today we're fine staying warm.

Just upped my reserve to 60% just to have a good buffer from here until 9m when free nights kick in. Grid seems like it will be ok the rest of the day though.
It's colder up north here. It was 11F this morning and light snow overnight, right now is around 24F. The sun came out, once the snow started to melt, solar production starts, produced 14kwh so far. We didn't get any storm watch last night, so PW didn't automatically charge up but I set it to 100% reserve last night ... after 2021, better be safe.

Lake Houston 3pm update went outside to check out the state of my panels and they look good and frozen haha. Big panels doing better than my little Ring solar panel though haha. Could be worse though I am still getting about 0.6kW currently out of my solar.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    765.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    858.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1
Lake Houston 3pm update went outside to check out the state of my panels and they look good and frozen haha. Big panels doing better than my little Ring solar panel though haha. Could be worse though I am still getting about 0.6kW currently out of my solar.
I went outside around 1pm to check out my panels and fix my Patio shades.

1705353158594.png

Reactions: Skavatar
It

It's colder up north here. It was 11F this morning and light snow overnight, right now is around 24F. The sun came out, once the snow started to melt, solar production starts, produced 14kwh so far. We didn't get any storm watch last night, so PW didn't automatically charge up but I set it to 100% reserve last night ... after 2021, better be safe.
Indeed, here in the “urban core” we barely hit 30F right now but it’s gonna get real cold tonight. Only managed to eke out 2.2kWh from the sun today, hope tomorrow is better. Running of the PW again right now and as soon as free nights hits, it’ll get topped off to 100%! House has kept warm at 70-72 and the wife is happy ;)

Indeed, here in the “urban core” we barely hit 30F right now but it’s gonna get real cold tonight. Only managed to eke out 2.2kWh from the sun today, hope tomorrow is better. Running of the PW again right now and as soon as free nights hits, it’ll get topped off to 100%! House has kept warm at 70-72 and the wife is happy ;)
Yeah I ended up with 3.4kWh total today probably will set my reserve back to 90-100% tonight for tomorrow and see how things go. My biggest concern is my water. Just took a meat thermometer to the water coming out my faucet and water is currently coming out at 41 degrees.