Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am livid with Tesla right now. 3rd time in a month and my solar is not working right. This time it's no longer charging my power wall with solar and just emptying it then leaving me on the grid during peak to charge again at night. I reached out to Tesla support and they told me that my utility plan must have changed and so it's reflecting my new plan from utility. I explained this was not the case, nothing has changed other than the behavior of the power wall. Then I was told that it is because of the free nights and Tesla solar does not support free nights customers. They kept telling me to update my rate plan to reflect my billing from the utility. The thing that made me most mad is when I asked if I could get a call back or someone to explain how I can set this up properly they just resent the link and disconnected the chat seconds later. I do not know what happened but starting yesterday something changed and now free nights seem to intentionally pull power from the grid during peak.

Okay rant over but seriously I have never dealt with a company this incompetent, and I used to work at Google hahaha

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1
Just tried chatting with another rep and they disconnected on me as well. I do not think I will recommend Tesla to anyone after this one. I can not get an answer and they are telling me no, if you turn on grid charging then you also can't allow it to charge from solar... what!?! Am I going crazy here or what?
Makes no sense.

Reactions: DrewHou
Makes no sense.
Zero sense, everything worked as expected until yesterday and they claim they made no changes and that being able to charge with solar when grid charging is enabled was never allowed by anyone. Then they tried to tell me it was because free nights are not supported. I am really confused as to what I can do next. The only fix is to turn off PTO which means basically limiting my solar production. SMH

• Informative
Sorry to hear about the Pain. System and Customer service.

I always get multiple answers from Tesla. Until I can finally find the right service representative. That can help me. Most of the time. It’s hard to even get the problem understood. Tesla doesn’t pay for Ads except for Twitter. So they need to keep a good name in these Streets. By taking care of customers. Before we have to go to Social media to make a Fuss about it. Like that guy that had a lemon CyberTruck. He finally got taken care of. After going Hard on Twitter. To get a response.

Sorry to hear about the Pain. System and Customer service.

I always get multiple answers from Tesla. Until I can finally find the right service representative. That can help me. Most of the time. It’s hard to even get the problem understood. Tesla doesn’t pay for Ads except for Twitter. So they need to keep a good name in these Streets. By taking care of customers. Before we have to go to Social media to make a Fuss about it. Like that guy that had a lemon CyberTruck. He finally got taken care of. After going Hard on Twitter. To get a response.
Yep, and they refuse to escalate it. I have talked to 4 (supposedly) different reps and they all say the same thing that it’s working as intended and then they just end the chat. I just basically lost half the functionality of my solar and that’s cool to them. If they spent 1/10000000th of the effort they spent on this vote to fix service we would all be happy. Next house I will pay 3x as much just to not have Tesla on the roof 🤣 hell honestly at this point I wish I would have just put in a natural gas generator and skipped this whole thing. Elon keeps it up imma be the guy coal rolling ppl down the beltway. 🤣 jk

• Funny
I am livid with Tesla right now. 3rd time in a month and my solar is not working right. This time it's no longer charging my power wall with solar and just emptying it then leaving me on the grid during peak to charge again at night. I reached out to Tesla support and they told me that my utility plan must have changed and so it's reflecting my new plan from utility. I explained this was not the case, nothing has changed other than the behavior of the power wall. Then I was told that it is because of the free nights and Tesla solar does not support free nights customers. They kept telling me to update my rate plan to reflect my billing from the utility. The thing that made me most mad is when I asked if I could get a call back or someone to explain how I can set this up properly they just resent the link and disconnected the chat seconds later. I do not know what happened but starting yesterday something changed and now free nights seem to intentionally pull power from the grid during peak.

Okay rant over but seriously I have never dealt with a company this incompetent, and I used to work at Google hahaha

Eh, Dyson is just as bad if not worse. They had me send back a busted product... received the product, won't send me a replacement, and won't respond to my questions.

Just tried chatting with another rep and they disconnected on me as well. I do not think I will recommend Tesla to anyone after this one. I can not get an answer and they are telling me no, if you turn on grid charging then you also can't allow it to charge from solar... what!?! Am I going crazy here or what?
Have you tried calling? Wondering if that helps.

That tracks… as well as the state choosing to fix it with more natural gas. I wonder if anyone run the numbers on instead of new plants taking that money and giving homeowners free solar systems. Seems like a better solution.

Yep. A state property tax credit. Would be easy to do.

Yeah I called and chatted and everything haha. I don’t know what they changed in the algorithm but I found that on free nights now for it to work as intended the rate plan needs the buy price to be 0.
Yea, we used to have it set at a minimum of 0.01 because it would reject a zero rate. Don’t know when but at some point in this thread last year it came up again and we could put 0 rates in now. Glad that solved it! I haven’t changed anything with Free Nights and it all works as expected.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Strange bug. There’s a lot going on but I see wiring harness and a power switch in the background. I wonder what causes this glitch 🤣 I feel like I’ve talked to much about Elon on X and I’ve angered the Tesla gods with all the issues I’ve had lately 😂🤣🤣😂
IMG_0438.jpeg

• Funny