Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores(?) in Miami's Design District and Aventura Mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a trifle odd that there will be at least four Tesla stores in Miami once these open but no Service center. While Supercharging is not needed for locals, all those tourists do seriously need a Supercharger near Florida's Turnpike in West Miami somewhere and somewhere around South Miami along US1. In addition the time is past due for Destination charging in the Port of Miami parking. The latter could easily be even level one, so long as cruise passengers could stay connected.

I don't mean to highjack the showrooms subject...

In addition the time is past due for Destination charging in the Port of Miami parking. The latter could easily be even level one, so long as cruise passengers could stay connected.

I don't mean to highjack the showrooms subject...
that concern should be made to the administration of the port. they own the property and would be the ones who would be able to facilitate the installation of chargers. what would be better than installing expensive L2 chargers would be making 110 outlets available. when people are on days long cruises being able to plug into a 110 outlet would enable people to add 80+ miles of range per day while on their trip.
adding 110 outlets is far less costly than adding many L2 chargers.

Reactions: X Fan and jbcarioca
that concern should be made to the administration of the port. they own the property and would be the ones who would be able to facilitate the installation of chargers. what would be better than installing expensive L2 chargers would be making 110 outlets available. when people are on days long cruises being able to plug into a 110 outlet would enable people to add 80+ miles of range per day while on their trip.
adding 110 outlets is far less costly than adding many L2 chargers.
My thoughts exactly. I plan to talk with them again next week.

I had a similar conversation with the local airport authority, while the person I spoke with (who was clueless about EV charging) thought it was an idea worth pursuing it seems to have gone nowhere.
I think the problem is while there are salespeople (ChargePoint, etc.) who make money selling level 2 charging stations, no one makes any money selling 120V outlets.

The Design District store seems to be different than the usual mall-based Tesla store, in that is has (limited) room for carsoutside underneath its canopy. I'm wondering if they are proposing using this new location for M3 deliveries?