Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger East Texas I-10 needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudreyHTX1

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2021
South Texas
There seems to be quite a hole between Houston outskirts and Lake Charles LA in terms of a Tesla Supercharger, and I haven’t seen info about anything planned. Seems like between Beaumont TX and Orange TX would be a good location. Reports are that the Lake Charles supercharger is super busy with occasional long lines and over 1 hour waits.

Anyone heard of any plans to fill that gap?

Reactions: amajoh
Right, Baytown doesn’t help much.

Good to know it’s under construction though. Is that one at a Buc-ee’s?

Yes, Baytown is one of 26 Buc-ee's locations that were part of an agreement.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
I didn’t know about the Iowa LA supercharger, thanks. That will totally take the pressure off of the Lake Charles supercharger, and you don’t even have to leave I-10, so for me probably problem solved.

Last edited:
So are the Buc-ee’s locations all getting built this year/soon? I haven’t seen much news since last November, although I have seen Leeds, AL is open.

I really need the one at the new Buc-ee’s Fort Valley (Warner Robbins area) GA for visiting family. It’s on the list but I haven’t found any news regarding construction status.

OK, I checked the thread Tesla Partnership with Buc-ee's (26 New Locations). Some progress, but plenty areas not.

Last edited:
Has anyone stopped at the new Iowa chargers? Looks like it's an easy trip off of I-10, but is there anything around it?

From Austin going east to the Baton Rouge area, I think Baytown and Lafayette will be my two stops once Buc-ees opens. The Channelview stop isn't bad, but it is a v2 charger. I haven't had to wait there, but have had to split a charger the 2 times i've made the trip.

Going west my stops are probably Lake Charles and Katy. Katy could use a new v3 charger, as the existing v2 one is also pretty busy. I see the Katy Buc-ees on the list, so hopefully won't have to wait too long.

If we had a stop in Beaumont however, I'm wondering if I could cut one charge stop out of the drive entirely.

Ran into a MYP owner at the car wash. He said he has been made aware of a SC coming to Beaumont soon by an electrical engineering buddy involved in the project. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later!

That would be me! I have a contact at Entergy who manages their EV charger fleet across several states. Last time we chatted he said Tesla had narrowed down a few sites in Beaumont that they were looking at, and were going to submit the permit soon. He couldn't tell me where due to NDA :(

That would be me! I have a contact at Entergy who manages their EV charger fleet across several states. Last time we chatted he said Tesla had narrowed down a few sites in Beaumont that they were looking at, and were going to submit the permit soon. He couldn't tell me where due to NDA :(
Lol I wondered if you were on this forum!

There seems to be quite a hole between Houston outskirts and Lake Charles LA in terms of a Tesla Supercharger, and I haven’t seen info about anything planned. Seems like between Beaumont TX and Orange TX would be a good location. Reports are that the Lake Charles supercharger is super busy with occasional long lines and over 1 hour waits.

Anyone heard of any plans to fill that gap?
Exactly 💯 there was going to be one a few years back in Beaumont. But guessing they said nope I believe they are too greedy since it's oil refinerys galore in that place... nonetheless Bmt and Orange would be good areas for Tesla Superchargers. Just all the damn hurricanes and flooding in that area so they done get nice things ever... lol

How long does it take to charge using those types of chargers?
Tesla Model 3 charges faster on an Electrify America charging station than on a Tesla V3 Supercharger

tm3easv3-jpg.823237

tm3easv3_2-jpg.823239