Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade-in site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1648434013814.png

Wont let me click next

If you do get an offer from Tesla, I would suggest having low expectations. They don't want older cars for resale, so all they will do is sell it on through auction - any offer you get from Tesla will likely be less than you'd get from CarMax / Carvana / Vroom / whoever else. At least that was the case with my 2015 85D a couple of months ago. Ended up selling it on a Facebook group.

Thank you; I figure they would wholesale it quickly but with Model S prices having risen from 80 to 100 since I got the refresh, perhaps they might give decent pricing. Still, the logic is the same as to why to go to CarMax, etc. Hearing good things about CarMax and other companies who are more focused / better trade-in values on the consumer-facing used-car business. Thanks again.

Apologies, AJW, my comment was referring to the older (nosecone) models, replying to san derpman12 as the OP; yours is a 2021 IIRC so would be of rather more interest to Tesla for resale, I'd suspect - especially given the prices they're asking on their own website right now.

Wow! The used-car pricing asks on Tesla's own web site are often well above their new-car pricing! Granted, Tesla can ask whatever they want but even if they are getting negotiated down towards current MSRP for used cars, the numbers say a lot about the used-car market (at least, Tesla's perception of the Tesla used car market). I'm not complaining! :)

On my 2021 Y I got prices to sell or trade-ins from Carmax and Vroom. Carmax offered $1,000 more than what I paid for the car and Vroom gave me $6,000 over what I paid. Went with Vroom and had a great transaction. Same price on Vroom whether I bought a car from them or not. I never had a car that I drove for a year and made $6,000 on. But car prices in general are really crazy high. Ended up buying, from Vroom, a low mileage 2021 model S LR+ (non-refreshed) and we're really liking it.

Reactions: flexnraptor