Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade in values

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am trading in a 2019 M3 for an MS. The quote I got from Tesla was $20,100, $100 more than initially estimated after uploading pictures. Quoted a few places and Carvana was at $21,000, which was $800 lower than two weeks ago. I heard Tesla tends to be much lower than elsewhere, but it seems pretty close in this case.

I dented my M3 some time ago and the rock panel on the driver side needs to be replaced. I think it easily costs thousands to replace the rock panel. I did upload pictures to the Tesla app, so I am assuming that Tesla has seen this. Has anyone done any trade-in lately with Tesla, and what is your experience?

I did two trade ins last year, a 2018 S and a 2018 3. Tesla gave me a good trade for the S, much more than some of the other services like CarMax, but lowballed me on the 3 (but comparable to other services). Could have been a difference in timing. Neither car had damage, so I have no experience with that.

Three weeks ago I traded in my 2023 Model 3 Performance(showroom condition) with 17K to Tesla for $33,700. That was the highest offer I received by $700, and they didn't even look at the car when I picked up my Plaid. I'm honestly amazed they're offering $20K on a 2019.

Reactions: Eiger
Currently used car prices are very fluid. They were super high and appreciating during Covid, but now are returning to more normal depreciation.

New EVs are coming down in price, and often qualify for governmental and utility discounts.

Reactions: AMPd