Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade in Value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So I was planning to trade in another car and my current Model 3 to get the Model 3 Performance. I got a quote for my one car and entered the information for my Model 3. It said Tesla would contact me with a quote, but never did. Now the online quote for my other vehicle is going to expire in a few days. Guess now I just won't order a new Model 3.

So I was planning to trade in another car and my current Model 3 to get the Model 3 Performance. I got a quote for my one car and entered the information for my Model 3. It said Tesla would contact me with a quote, but never did. Now the online quote for my other vehicle is going to expire in a few days. Guess now I just won't order a new Model 3.

I guess you will save your money and keep your current car. Hopefully it is in good condition.

Ok.

You could always call a Tesla store and speak to someone. I know everything is supposed to work online, but they do still have humans too. I ordered online but I’ve been speaking to a couple different Tesla people that have answered a billion questions for me.

I too had a lot of problems with the trade in quote online and had to wait weeks after many phone calls before someone finally sorted it out. The support folks at Tesla seem pretty thinly stretched. Still waiting to take my delivery but I expect it will all be worth it in the end.

This happened to me where the price was showing pending. I called and called and finally told them I would get them payoff amount and made them honor the price quote I was emailed through the Tesla trade in tool. Finally it was corrected yesterday. Still no idea when I’ll get my car, but if the delay is on Tesla’s end and my car doesn’t get here within 30 days I’ll demand they honor offer and excuse mileage being higher due to their 2 week estimate delivery vs. actual delivery timeframe.

I don’t think anyone has posted good results from trading in a Tesla to Tesla. They will sell much higher in a private party transaction.

You always get low balled with a trade with any dealership, but you don't have to deal with showing the car over and over with a private sale and then having to get it smogged prior to the sale (in California). To me, taking less is worth the headaches.

I just received a tradein quote for my 2018 Model 3 Performance-....Received in November and now... $37000!
Jesus, I was having a hard time losing $6K on a Honda Accord, I can’t imagine the feeling you had when they offered you $20K-$30K less. Like others said, keep looking at other places. I was told by my local Sales guy that they gave a guy in a LR 3 AWD $47K for trade towards a new Performance.