TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

These are likely 'arranged trades', per @Fact Checking earlier this Spring.

The 2nd spike was recorded on NASDAQ: (12-38pm $242.955 736.6k)

TSLA.chart.2019-07-12.17-25.png

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

#71522 madodel, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    All the lies TSLAQ says about Tesla are just projection of the sleazy practices of GM and Ford.

Ford knew Focus, Fiesta had flawed transmission, sold them anyway
    e-news.us - news portal, radio news, politics, finance, world news lifestyle, Arts, Lifestyle
    This is nothing new. In the mid 80's I bought a Ford Taurus, which was a brand new model. Though I wanted a 6cyl model all they had were 4cyl. That should have been a clue, but I was even dumber then, then I am now. I bought the 4cyl and it was always underpowered but what was worse was the really crappy transmission in the 4cyl Taurus. When I finally couldn't take the endless breakdowns any more I tried to trade it in at a Ford dealer for a new Taurus (by then they no longer made the 4cyl model) they didn't want it because they said no one would buy it. They had no problems selling the POS to me though. They are all crooks. Their tag line should be "Screwing over buyers is Job 1".

Edit: Added article title which for some reason didn't appear between the link tags.

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 5
    • Funny x 1
  3. M3Rider

M3Rider Member

Did we break an upper BB or something? Not really following them.

It seems to me P&D news is old, something something about production increase, but you won't know the effect until Q3. Financial results unknown. So, is there a reason for runup before ER on 24th? Of couse, can be random too.

4. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Jim Cramer is a performing idiot who clueless investors like to watch for his idiotic antics and insane rants. Elon does dumb things (try getting a service appointment these days), but he is to Tesla what Jobs was to Apple. Tesla will survive without his vision but it won't be as innovative and brilliant as it is today.

• Like x 6
  5. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

For the past 4 weeks, TSLA has climbed on Monday if the Friday before was positive and the trend leading into close was positive. In 3 of the 4 Mondays, TSLA opened noticeably higher on Monday than it closed on Friday and in 1 case TSLA opened neutral (after some manipulations) before closing up for the day.

Today's TSLA performance was particularly important since TSLA (to my eye) has been under some pretty heavy manipulations since the P&D Report. Today was a day when the manipulations were clearly defeated, and that will encourage some longs to jump in Monday morning.

Nothing is certain with this stock, particularly if the FUDsters come up with something that gets traction. Macros could decide if the manipulators get the upper hand on Monday or if they get defeated for the 2nd day in a row. I suspect the bulls are getting bolder now that there's been so much good news in the past few weeks. Although the Q2 ER could be the big catalyst for getting the stock price to really start heading up, there's nothing preventing an earlier increase in value if bulls get their confidence up.

• Like x 14
    • Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 2
  6. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

vivant traveler, northern hemisphere, bangladesh
    @M3Rider
    yes, barely but yes and also Accumulation Distribution line is ___FINALLY__ turning up
    upload_2019-7-12_18-11-43.png

• Informative x 6
  7. Rammstein

Rammstein Member

Let's do our own manipulations. Everyone buy one share at the open on Monday.
    This is an advise :)

• Like x 13
    • Love x 3
    • Helpful x 2
    • Funny x 2
  8. KSilver2000

KSilver2000 Member

Everyone needs to sit down and just STFU.

Porsche is not a Tesla killer. Tesla will always be a higher volume seller than Porsche. They didn’t and likely won’t make cars that are meant for a mass market such as the 3. If anything, though, there may be some potential Tesla buyers who move into Taycan when it’s released than the other way just to be different. Every dad, mom, kid and dog drives a Tesla these days near me.

But also, the Taycan is likely restricted in performance to keep from dethroning their 911 GTS, T, GT3, and GT2 models. (Until they electrify those models as well).

The pundits, trolls go overboard but they also feed off of Tesla superfan responses. It’s like a kid, show no response and they’ll slowly (maybe very slowly) change their ways.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  9. VValleyEV

VValleyEV Supporting Member

How great, SCs sprouting everywhere in my old stomping grounds from pre-Tesla days. In the 1990s I used to live 5min away from that Ojai SC now under construction, and in the 2000s very near the ones now in Thousand Oaks.

The SC under construction in Ojai is in an open stretch that used to have a Ford Dealer. Now it is a winery, health food store, and Tesla SC. Progress indeed.

Now of course I live in Northern AZ where closest SC is about 20 miles away, but never use SCs except on road trips.

• Like x 2
  10. canoemore

canoemore Member

#71530 canoemore, Jul 12, 2019
    Agreed, although to channel Marco Rubio: "Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that [Jim Cramer] doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing."

• Like x 2
  11. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

#71531 Artful Dodger, Jul 12, 2019
    yup. Upper-BB was at 242.17 at the Close. It was dragged up from 240.84 at today's Open. That's some REAL progress right up in thar! ;)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2019-07-12.18-42.png

Cheers!

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  12. Chasingmars

Chasingmars Member

#71532 Chasingmars, Jul 12, 2019
    This is pretty much exactly why I'm not bothered by the "the new XYZ EV is a Tesla Killer" thing... the very expression is de-facto recognition that the Tesla is the market leader best-in-EV's to beat. If pundits are saying this Porsche is the underdog that just maybe can wrest the EV performance crown from Tesla, that's not so bad, especially since when an excited buyer does any sort of deeper analysis - it doesn't, and maybe they buy a nice high margin high end Tesla now instead.

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

• Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  13. M3Rider

M3Rider Member

Maybe. As a 2nd, "city car". If it's really got 230 miles real world range, that'd be pretty inconvenient for the trips, especially with no superchargers.

You prob. exaggerate the #s, they likely need to sell for 5+ more years to get anywhere near 50% in CA, at which point yes, I think many will be looking for something different.
    I do see more Teslas in Denver, but they are still pretty rare. Maybe see 1-2 in a 30min trip.

However, if they manage to build it, Tesla as a platform might become more and more enticing, not just the car.

Not really sure how it will turn out. Initially I thought Netflix/Youtube is a really good idea, but with charging time getting shorter you probably won't get a chance to use these much(super useful for FSD though).
    Feeling lucky/hungry is nice, but potentially google maps can do the same.
    They need more ideas for the ecosystem.
    That is until robotaxi comes and kills off everybody else.

14. SO16

SO16 Active Member

I suppose. But I never got the urge to get something “worse” just to be “different”.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
  15. UncaNed

UncaNed Member

Hmmmm...
    Everyone buy a share you say?
    And what shall we change our avatars to?

16. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Active Member

If it has to do with money, power, sex or religion, you've probably been lied to or misled about it. :cool:

• Like x 6
    • Love x 5
  17. Unpilot

Unpilot I would rather spend my remaining time Helping

Hell yes I'm in...maybe even for 2!

• Like x 2
  18. KSilver2000

KSilver2000 Member

I can’t wait until Tesla Roadster 2 comes out and Porsche builds a BEV 911 type car, unlike their rumored hybrid version trash. Not sure when Porsche will do BEV, but you can bet it will be a very compelling sports EV when they do given their record with the 911.

The more success that all manufacturers have with EVs, the better for everyone. No one needs to be better than Tesla, and Tesla doesn’t need to be better than everyone else. The world just needs more converts from ICE to EV, regardless of brand.

• Like x 2
  19. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

Exactly, I remember well how annoyed I was last fall with anything under 300, and how getting close to 250 would trigger a confident 300 Jun 19 ‘20 call-option purchase (at a $55 premium).

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  20. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Up .91 AH. Almost $246. Nice.