Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@CaliBear1
The culture series by Iain M Banks, 10 books
Nice use of a neural link variant in one of them

Thanks! Read the first two and will soon pick up the next in the series. I like to alternate fiction with non-fiction. Currently reading "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" by Richard Rhodes...when not playing catch up here! Fascinating book.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
From the 'Musk Halo' portfolio, Tim Urban got a preview of Tuesday's Neuralink news today (Tim is the author of the 'Wait But Why' series on Musk, Tesla, SpaceX, and Neuralink from a couple of years back).

His mind was blown. Should make for an interesting Tues.

Tim Urban on Twitter

Perhaps we'll have some small impact on TSLA next week due to this.
OT: Arthur C. Clarke’s “Braincap” in “3001: The Final Odyssey:
Arthur C. Clarkes Braincap - Giving the brain access to unlimited computing power - Feb 2010 Simon Laub

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
Thanks! Read the first two and will soon pick up the next in the series. I like to alternate fiction with non-fiction. Currently reading "The Making of the Atomic Bomb" by Richard Rhodes...when not playing catch up here! Fascinating book.

OT

I also strongly recommend The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It’s epic fantasy but he was a physicist and nuclear engineer and it shows. Never read/seen a fantasy world so thoroughly thought out in terms of how everything works.

EDIT: it’s also going to be a TV series on Amazon Prime next year.

Last edited:
Elon is obviously a cat person.

1. He has catitude. I think a tortie** is his feline spirit animal.
2. He doesn't care what you think (SEC or otherwise)
3. He would never be constrained by a leash (or Twitter nanny).
4. He'll go anywhere and any direction he damn well pleases (Neuralink, TBC).
5. He likes high places (SpaceX) and tunnels (TBC).
6. He can be quiet and then strike quickly when needed (Maxwell).
7. He's not constrained by schedule - things are subject to change frequently (AP).
8. He believes in fluidity and free catsflow.

9. He sleeps on the floor.

@CaliBear1 :
I'll finally get to read a book again!

Any suggestions? ;-)

@CaliBear1
The culture series by Iain M Banks, 10 books
Nice use of a neural link variant in one of them

The Vegetarian Myth.

Just when you thought that maybe Elon and sustainable energy might save our species, you will find out that alas we are still doomed, because the the global food system has already been destroyed by .... agriculture! And that vegetarians are making it worse. Written by a recovering vegan.

Not an endorsement, but an encouragement to give it a try, quite an interesting and provocative read. Author Lierre Keith presents a strong case, with lots of references to other authors that I respect.

Electric farm machinery and reforestation of Karen’s land may help.

Last edited:
The Vegetarian Myth.

Just when you thought that maybe Elon and sustainable energy might save our species, you will find out that alas we are still doomed, because the the global food system has already been destroyed by .... agriculture! And that vegetarians are making it worse. Written by a recovering vegan.

Not an endorsement, but an encouragement to give it a try, quite an interesting and provocative read. Author Lierre Keith presents a strong case, with lots of references to other authors that I respect.

Electric farm machinery and reforestation of Karen’s land may help.
Sounds like FUD from the American Cattleman's Association.

Last edited:
No matter what he answers he will anger some people and the SP will drop 10%.......;)

Elon is smart. He’ll say he is a Schrödinger's cat/dog person :D

Edit: the manipulation theory isn't correct anymore, I think. It ended when the SP was around 180. There isn't a lot of FUD, since, even AJ has been very tame. Big boys loaded up before and until AJ declared his 10$ worst scenario.

Then why did AJ release a bearish note right after Jerome’s leaked email? No coincidence there - he wants to suppress the bounce and now argues that demand has been pulled forward without offering any evidence.

Last edited:
EVs are a pressure release valve on the oil price. Tesla breaks the oil stranglehold on transportation energy.

This holds true until such time as the oil industry shrinks so dramatically that they start suffering diseconomies of small scale. That’s a long way off.

Previously, I thought this also. And it concerned me because cheap oil and gas would slow the transition to renewables. But now I think oil interests stand to lose a lot if prices are low. And they are powerful and have access to certain triggers that can help keep oil prices high. This concerns me even more because one of the most powerful triggers is encouraging war in oil-producing countries by marginalizing their governments and then attacking them. Sanctions on oil from marginalized companies works too, but not as well.

OPEC might add member nations if oil is threatened and be even more effective at cutting production. The bottom line is oil might not go to stratospheric levels but it's also unlikely to become permanently cheap anytime soon simply because EV's have helped reduce demand. Unless oil interests are not effective at maximizing the value of their assets. I welcome higher oil prices caused by purposefully constricting supply but war is not a humanitarian way to maintain the value of oil.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and capster
I guess you've never lived in southern CA? San Diego is finally free of routine waits (at least for now), but Orange County and Los Angeles are still problem areas.

Ironically, I went to a newly opened hot new mall yesterday (One Paseo) and the only parking spots that were free in the whole parking structure were at the Supercharger! Thanks, Tesla!

Demand issue?

“The Decipherment of Linear B” by John Chadwick

Old book (but still available on Amazon) - title sounds a bit dull, but reads like a detective story. Saw a reference to it in “Gödel, Escher, Bach” and found a copy on interlibrary loan...

So under appreciated by pop culture is Gödel. Just as Einstein was the father of modern science, so too was Gödel the father of modern logic and mathematics. The first true coder. The origins of modern computing theory can be traced directly to his incompleteness theorems. (For example, ask yourself why can't computers be completely secure from viruses or other intrusions, or why Ethereum can always be hacked? Ha, ha... goes back to mathematical incompleteness.)

Last edited:
Why not $4200? :D:D

Really great run since we hit $178.97 on Jun 3, 2019 couple weeks ago...

The low on 3rd June was $176.99, a rise of 38.5% in just over a month.

Not bad, but we're only getting back what was unfairly taken with all the shenanigans.

And a nice little blip in AH to $246.19

I just need another 2% by Thursday for my own personal traded to come off - actually I think I'll remove my $250 sell order and see how it plays out first, might bump higher than that.

Reactions: saniflash and M|S|W
The low on 3rd June was $176.99, a rise of 38.5% in just over a month.

Not bad, but we're only getting back what was unfairly taken with all the shenanigans.

And a nice little blip in AH to $246.19

I just need another 2% by Thursday for my own personal traded to come off - actually I think I'll remove my $250 sell order and see how it plays out first, might bump higher than that.
Still nearly 16 mil extra shares being shorted, $4 billions worth at $245.

D_SH-kTXkAAw5NE.jpg:large

I'll finally get to read a book again!

Any suggestions? ;-)

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

And to add that I'm still not over the death of Iain Banks, he really was the finest sci-fi author of recent times.

The closest I've got in replacement is Alistair Reynolds - he writes "hard" sci-fi, i.e., only things that could be conceived as possible under the current laws of physics , so no breaking of light-speed, for instance. His narrative style doesn't approach Banks, but they're a good read nevertheless.

I'd recommend the collection of short stories, Beyond the Aquila Rift for starters, follow by the Revelation Space series.

Last edited:
Then why did AJ release a bearish note right after Jerome’s leaked email? No coincidence there - he wants to suppress the bounce and now argues that demand has been pulled forward without offering any evidence.
Agreed, this was a little tiny bit of FUD. But overall FUD is nowhere as intense and broad as it used to be until end of May / beginning of June. After this date, it felt to me like being in the FUD doldrums. Expected the usual hit pieces and lies on a daily basis, but did not show up. This AJ note was one of the few exceptions, and as people where used to, most did not pay a lot of attention anymore.

It still seems that not all, but lot of the FUD was driven by some fat cats (you know what I mean - not your cat) and they have entered the boat now - join what you can't beat.

Reactions: SPadival