Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Fred's article, the steering wheel is heated now! We were waiting on changing my wife's X to a Y for this very reason.

I would hold off until they get a heated touchscreen. On cold mornings, I can feel the tip of my index finger getting cold when I have to scroll the map. Very unpleasant. o_O

/s

All the negative media nonsense is more than canceled out by the obsessive Tesla fans such as myself who pretty much go around everyday raving about Tesla, spacex, and the boring company (and Musk)

It's way more important than the nonsense you read on yahoo finance and other sites. That stuff goes away and it's forgotten after a short amount of time

I like to think that when I tell people how amazing my model 3 is they remember.

If not I remind them later!

Seems they already cleared out previous inventory.

I am in Bay Area and only see ~30 new inventory Model 3 on the website.

Very smooth transition and no Osborne effect.(almost 10% range increases is not insignificant, I was worrying about the Osborne effect since the Electrek heat pump leaks, now a splendid Q4 is secured.)
Anyone also notice now that the warranty is no longer 4 year 50k for a used car? They switched it to the original expiration of the 4 year 50k and then only giving 1 additional year and 10k miles. I as looking for a used MS and the used salesperson told me about it on Tuesday night. I did not pull the trigger as i did not need a car immediately....so maybe ill just do the $69,420 :)

Yeah, I mean Tesla clearly does not need a PR department, does it? /s

PS: I was writing an article about these updates today. No blog post, no press release, I had to go through the entire Model 3 sub-site and try and find official confirmation on these changes. Still, no official word on heatpump, heated steering wheel, or updated headlights, just Electrek and Reddit rumors. Then I spent an hour with the Wayback Machine to confirm the official previous range data. They have got to do product launches/refreshes better.

The lack of information is intentional and a PR department wouldn't change that. There are still Model 3's in the delivery channel without those features. As long as Tesla is selling everyone they can make there is no point in highlighting all the new features. Maybe some new buyers will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Jim Cramer recommends investors be ready to do some buying before Election Day

Excerpts:
“The charts, as interpreted by the legendary Tom DeMark, suggest the Dow — and the rest of the market — could have one last move higher going into the end of the week, followed by a potentially ugly sell-off,”

“That same method that tells DeMark we’re cruising for a bruising also tells him that it might only last two or three weeks, with a possible bottom close to Election Day,” he continued. “So, you’re going to have to pull the trigger and do some buying.”

My personal feelings about this source aside, my gut feeling agrees that there could be big sell off heading into the election. Followed by a surge after it is settled. I am adding to dry powder to be prepared to buy if this does happen. Perhaps we get one last buying chance below $400?

...be greedy when others are fearful.. I see at least 2 down days on my DJIA chart compared to Jim’s. Holding all positions!

Reactions: Queeg500
Few guys on Twitter were speculating and they believe that Tesla is shipping from the east coast.

Also I just read this morning that Europe is showing delivery times in February? Anybody confirm this?

Paging @Krugerrand for demand issues :)

SR+ indeed February, LR and M3P November.

I can imagine the US sales of SR+ could just go berserk now...

The lack of information is intentional and a PR department wouldn't change that. There are still Model 3's in the delivery channel without those features. As long as Tesla is selling everyone they can make there is no point in highlighting all the new features. Maybe some new buyers will be a pleasantly surprised. :)
There is a reason they did this change today. As @Troy has correctly pointed out this is the last day to do it this quarter as they start putting cars into ships now. Most of the cars in the channel are already gone by now.

Besides, just because there is no press release it does not mean there are no articles published - just look at all the EV sites today. All it means is that there will be a lot less correct information out there causing confusion.

Yeah, I mean Tesla clearly does not need a PR department, does it? /s

PS: I was writing an article about these updates today. No blog post, no press release, I had to go through the entire Model 3 sub-site and try and find official confirmation on these changes. Still, no official word on heatpump, heated steering wheel, or updated headlights, just Electrek and Reddit rumors. Then I spent an hour with the Wayback Machine to confirm the official previous range data. They have got to do product launches/refreshes better.
Why generate much more demand than they can fill. Having MORE people waiting for a Tesla may allow for higher prices but not increase the rate of production at Tesla is constrained by talent.

Last edited:
Indeed, I was quite pissed-off when I bought my inventory P100DL+. I was told it "had every option", only when I'd committed to the purchase that I discovered it didn't have the winter pack, which is just stupid to have on every Tesla car ordered in north Europe.

It's the same on my TMX. But I'm becoming quite adept at sitting on my hands while steering the AP with one hand just enough to satisfy the AP nanny. :cool:

Not sure if any of you guys are watching this:
StorageX Symposium Livestream | Energy

VP of Battery technology, GF Nevada just confirmed:

1. Cells with 5% improved energy density in production. Faster charging is also expected.
2. Over a 5 yr period, energy density will improve by 20% from Panasonic cells.
3. Redwood Materials is partnering with GF Nevada to help with the recycling problem

Hella pushdown.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.51.01 AM.png

And the Market Makers said "TSLA thou shall not exceed 450 today, for 450 inflicts max pain on you pions" and the Market Makes made it so.

$450 is pretty neutral, calls and puts almost the same, slightly more puts, so I think that's indeed the target.

$5 above or below and they'll get some pain, so here's hoping FOMO kick-in later in the day.
upload_2020-10-16_16-56-4.png

OT:
I got an internship offer from Tesla to work at Giga Berlin. Super excited, starting November:cool:
Probably won't be able to post here anymore...
Tesla has a form on their work applications where you give up your nick on TMC?

If so, I don't think the mods would mind if you just changed your nick to notPaulRocket.

I got more @ $449 to help

My hands are bloody but I keep picking it up down here. Seems like free money but I could end up in jail. lol I simply can't imagine it not heading up later today or Monday.

Friendly Yahoo finance just sent a think about TSLA performing a bearish continuation wedge.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.12.43 AM.png