Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tim Higgins was on CNBC and (again, in my opinion), found it hard to really take a dig at Tesla.

He described the GM Hummer as "not so much a Tesla Killer, but more of a Tesla Nibbler" - wow we have come a long way from 2015!!!

Phil LeBeau confirmed the industry expects Tesla's fifth straight profitable quarter in a row. At some point people are going to start accepting that Tesla is doing things right.

For example, I think Tesla has been shrewd to not mention their yearly projection of 500,000 all year since first making the projection. No re-affirmations, no mentions of it. Meanwhile every other manufacturer screamed bloody murder and reduced their sales and profits forecasts, blaming COVID-19. If Tesla sells 495,000 cars this year and critics call it a "fail" - well, we can all just point to COVID-19 as the reason Tesla failed by five thousand cars.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Time
Recommended guideline for posting tonight:
  1. If in doubt, don't post
  2. Add value - don't post SP or quotes from the presentation
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
And DON'T make any joke links to a rickroll or write fake numbers to fool people.

Tesla options imply 11.2% move in share price post-earnings (TheFlyOnTheWall)
THE FLY 2:49 PM ET 10/21/2020
Pre-earnings options volume in Tesla is normal with calls leading puts 2:1. Implied volatility suggests the market is anticipating a move near 11.2%, or $47.64, after results are released. Median move over the past eight quarters is 7.1%.

Source: Fidelity / The Fly

Tesla options imply 11.2% move in share price post-earnings TSLA - The Fly

I saw this on thefly but it doesnt seem right. An ATM straddle for friday is 34.5$
9f6cb86f2d8cd79002aa383fad8aa5f3.png

34.5/423=0.08=8%