Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so that's two posting the same wonderful news story, but, please, help me understand this.

Explain this as if I'm a six-year old: What do you do about cash flow since TSLA pays no dividends?

Are the "retire early" folks here just selling to create a bucket of money and then hoping it lasts before they kick the bucket?

Thanks!

Took out a secured Line of Credit @ 2.65% per annum to cover living expenses for the next five years. In five years, sell enough TSLA to cover the next five years of living expenses. Rinse and repeat. As long as TSLA increases more than interest payable on a secured LOC, should work out fine. Nothing is for certain. If not, there is always contract work available, so keep myself and my knowledge well positioned.

Last edited:
27934B09-39ED-4190-A831-E355B9D8CEFE.jpeg

VR/AR headsets for each passenger. Apple is going to own that space, they don’t need the cars.

Usually I agree with Marqus Brownlee, however this podcast is not one of them. He should have stopped after the first 20 seconds after stating in the World of EVs, there is Tesla and then there is everyone else.
Marqus determines only Teslas can be recommended for daily use and road trips, the "only financially responsible version of a premium electric car as far as convenience goes" and it mostly comes down to range and the Supercharger network. No one else has it. Then goes on to state why the Tesla Supercharger network should be open to all EVs (Elon has offered as much to OEM deaf ears). Then proceeds to blasts Tesla for fit and finish. (My Model 3 is still perfect since taking possess July 2018 (20k km. later) however since I came to Tesla from a line of Honda's, apparently I don't know any better.) The other half of EV buyers, coming from luxury ICE brands, expect more. And the competition is coming. (But the Taycan taycant, the iPace loses face, the MustangE gets an F, as they can not use Supercharges and can't go more than 300 miles on a charge.) But the competition is coming and they have better build quality. So Tesla better watch out. (I find this laughable.)

Markus believes the quantiy of charging stations should match the quantity of gas stations. Since almost all charging is done at home or the cottage, this is old thinking. In 20k km, 30 month period my Model 3 as principle car, I have used the Superchanging network less than a dozen times.

Then Marqus talks about the Tesla, Roadster 2. "A shame I already know that car is going to have build quality shortcomings, quirks, panel gaps. That is what we expect from every new production line from the California car company." Sorry Marqus. Bashing a car that has not even gone into production yet, and one to be the fastest production car in the World, using sustainable energy to boot. You get no soup from me...one year! Next!

Is Gordon trying to engineer a delivery miss or just trying to make a great delivery number seem Ho Hum? He starts off saying his delivery numbers are higher than the consensus (183.5k vs 174k) before going off on his Madoff FUD. It will be interesting to see if the "whisper" number" increases. Either way I can see the TSLAQ crowd trumpeting "even a notorious Bear thought that Tesla could hit that number."

Is Gordon trying to engineer a delivery miss or just trying to make a great delivery number seem Ho Hum? He starts off saying his delivery numbers are higher than the consensus (183.5k vs 174k) before going off on his Madoff FUD. It will be interesting to see if the "whisper" number" increases. Either way I can see the TSLAQ crowd trumpeting "even a notorious Bear thought that Tesla could hit that number."

Wait I thought Tesla’s growth story was over

Do you have FSD Beta? Have you watched the videos of FSD in snow? Seems to have little issue causing the car to slide and not react correctly. Specifically taking right hand turn to fast on snow packed road. Just saying until people know what they are doing with snow or FSD specifically handles snow packed roads differently just not allow FSD to be activated.

I've watched FSB beta videos in the snow but the point was that as long as it's beta and not full self driving it's just a driver's aid at this point in time. If the driver doesn't have enough experience or control to use FSD beta in the snow then they shouldn't. Some people freak out very easily in the snow and shouldn't be driving at all, et alone with FSD engaged.

I've even seen videos of Tesla owners driving in the snow with summer performance tires!
People are going to do dumb things!

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Tesla China aggressively fighting the FUD Tesla to Sue Chinese Media Outlet Over Report on Shanghai Gigafactory - Caixin Global

Tesla will take legal action against a Chinese tech news media for an article which the U.S. carmaker says spread false information about the Shanghai plant where its homegrown Model 3 electric vehicle is being built, according to a company executive.

On Dec. 25, PingWest reported that Tesla’s Shanghai factory lowered its quality standards by using defective parts as it strove to achieve its production targets in China. The report also said that Tesla’s China employees worked in increasingly harsh conditions, labeling the carmaker’s corporate culture as “high-handed”.

665.99... Boy the SP sure wanted to be the mark of the beast today. Don't know what to think about that actually, but whatever...

Obviously THEY are all on vacation this week and they left the spotty intern with the Iron Maiden T under his suit and tie man the floor today, he had one single hidden agenda, and he failed...

Still, it's a couple of bucks - I'd take that every trading session for the next year...

There was a time, not even of legends, but rather last June, when $2.3 was pre-split $11.50, we were trading in the $180's and this would have equated to ~6%

(I think, don't check it, OK...)

Usually I agree with Marqus Brownlee, however this podcast is not one of them. He should have stopped after the first 20 seconds after stating in the World of EVs, there is Tesla and then there is everyone else.
Marqus determines only Teslas can be recommended for daily use and road trips, the "only financially responsible version of a premium electric car as far as convenience goes" and it mostly comes down to range and the Supercharger network. No one else has it. Then goes on to state why the Tesla Supercharger network should be open to all EVs (Elon has offered as much to OEM deaf ears). Then proceeds to blasts Tesla for fit and finish. (My Model 3 is still perfect since taking possess July 2018 (20k km. later) however since I came to Tesla from a line of Honda's, apparently I don't know any better.) The other half of EV buyers, coming from luxury ICE brands, expect more. And the competition is coming. (But the Taycan taycant, the iPace loses face, the MustangE gets an F, as they can not use Supercharges and can't go more than 300 miles on a charge.) But the competition is coming and they have better build quality. So Tesla better watch out. (I find this laughable.)

Markus believes the quantiy of charging stations should match the quantity of gas stations. Since almost all charging is done at home or the cottage, this is old thinking. In 20k km, 30 month period my Model 3 as principle car, I have used the Superchanging network less than a dozen times.

Then Marqus talks about the Tesla, Roadster 2. "A shame I already know that car is going to have build quality shortcomings, quirks, panel gaps. That is what we expect from every new production line from the California car company." Sorry Marqus. Bashing a car that has not even gone into production yet, and one to be the fastest production car in the World, using sustainable energy to boot. You get no soup from me...one year! Next!

He's a great reviewer - but his core subject (smartphones) is at the end of the S curve in terms of innovation for now. I think his decision to expand into EVs, which is great strategically, could do his reputation harm until he does a real deep dive - otherwise he's not going to add any value.

Marqus determines only Teslas can be recommended for daily use and road trips, the "only financially responsible version of a premium electric car as far as convenience goes" and it mostly comes down to range and the Supercharger network. No one else has it. Then goes on to state why the Tesla Supercharger network should be open to all EVs (Elon has offered as much to OEM deaf ears). Then proceeds to blasts Tesla for fit and finish. (My Model 3 is still perfect since taking possess July 2018 (20k km. later) however since I came to Tesla from a line of Honda's, apparently I don't know any better.) The other half of EV buyers, coming from luxury ICE brands, expect more.

Car and Driver measured panel gaps on a whole range of vehicles, and Tesla was tied for the second-best manufacturer (they noted that this is in contrast to the reputation Tesla has). Pickups were awful, on the whole. The best manufacturer overall? VW.

I thought it was pretty revealing what actual measurements showed.