Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I continue to believe that DITM long-dated CALLs have a good risk/reward with regards to premium & leverage, e.g. Mar 2022 200 CALLs offer a leverage of 1.33, at a time premium of $9

even if the stock price is cut in half tomorrow due to some macro events, I believe you could still roll them out.

View attachment 622947

I have absolutely no idea a) what you're talking about or b) what I'm looking at...

Options, to me, are a visceral thing. You can quote your delta, gamma, theta, whateva, but common sense trumps the lot, IMO.

P.S. don't try this at home, kids...

The active members of this forum know that a humongous transformation in transport and energy is about to hit an inflection point,

Yet by obsessively (at least in my case) reading hundreds of posts per day analyzing every small detail of this transformation, it is all proceeding in super slow motion.

The downside of this is that we tend to spend too much time on things that will just be footnotes later (the current pedo trial being a prime example).

The upside is that the better this story becomes, the more exquisite the detail.

So I look at it this way: if we knew we were about to have the greatest sex of our lives, would we rush it, or take it as slow as possible?

I wrote that in early December 2019. The SP was just beginning to rise out of a five-year lull.

Whether or not this year was akin to the greatest sex of your life, I hope you took the time to enjoy it.

Here's to more rolling in the hay in 2021!

A LEAPS question to all.

Yesterday my Ameritrade account was showing 2023 Mar17 leaps to be 130$ bid but open interest was 0 for all the available OTM calls. Today it is up by 20$ and the open interest numbers is a lot.

What happened? Did a bunch of people wrote calls overnight?

These are soooooo expensive. The ITM ones are even way more expensive. Who buys at these crazy prices? What logic do you use to calculate if buying leaps is cheaper vs stocks?

Your questions are so basic that you need to educate yourself a bit - try the Top 10 Free Options Trading Courses | #1 Options Trading Education free courses and then take it from there

Retail investor here, but I did, but only to manage positions, -- against Sold Jan 23's from a while back. Closed most of the Jan 23's, but decided to shadow 4 of them with 5 March Calls. Different strikes, but roughly same Delta - but with march 23 having more leverage. cheers!!

Stick to English, dude!

I don't know what everyone is so darn happy about.

It's like you've forgotten there is another of those Loooooooooong weekends ahead. :rolleyes:

Okay, happy New Year y'all!
And a different looooong weekend at that. Not very often that we (in the US at least) probably awake to all time high production and delivery figures to start the day and the year! It boggles my mind!

OK, seem I'm the only one left standing/sober (I'm not...)...

So, hey, what a freaky year! By most measures the worse since, well whenever, but by TMC metrics, many of us got disgustingly rich.

Tough one to compute...

Wishing you all a better 2021, financially, or otherwise :cool:
Ditto my friend, but it's gonna really be hard to beat this year... almost unbelievable. Maybe I never woke up?

So, hey, what a freaky year! By most measures the worse since, well whenever, but by TMC metrics, many of us got disgustingly rich.

Yep thanks to this forum. There is no way to prove it but my guess there has never been such a large group of investors with more conviction than here where their wildest dreams were realized.

Keep your feet on the ground and figure out how to do some good with your gains.

Happy New Year everyone.

Screenshot_20201231-174751_Photos.jpg
Happy new year to all and thanks for the incredible insights and camaraderie from this forum.

So vindicated and incredible during such a year of pain and trauma.

Fortunate to have gotten my solar glass roof in as well during a most epic year for tsla.

Long since January 11, 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_182644_280.jpg
    IMG_20201224_182644_280.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20201224_182644_280.jpg
    IMG_20201224_182644_280.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
All the very best to past, present, and future Teslanaires and their loved ones in 2021!

The changes this year will send ripples far into the future, but we can say with conviction that things are finally moving in the right direction.

To the mission going forward and all the many things that will follow with it. Thank you TMC. So very much :D