Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With no heirs and no sensible way to spend it all, I’m starting to have to think real hard where I want it to go. I could have them bury me with it in my Cybertruck on my mountain. Problem is I don’t actually trust anyone to do that unless I’m standing there supervising. Of course, I’d also need them to booby trap my grave. I’m thinking The Mummy kind of stuff. That’d be cool. Or maybe I’ll just leave it to CORPX. Yes. Getting to be a bit of a dilemma.
I’m hoping to use some of mine to further the mission.

Maybe my son will marry and there’ll be some grandkids in coming years to spoil, create 529’s for and bequeath shares too.

Then there will be the longevity treatments for realz becoming available in the middle/end of this decade.

Who knows though? Things change. For example, if one were to combine longevity treatments with "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" (first line of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen), do I wind up remarried with more kids? o_O

Reuters - this afternoon: Ford, Mahindra call off auto joint venture

Excerpts:

Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it was calling off its automotive joint venture with India's Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd due to the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic...

In October 2019, Ford and Mahindra said they would form a joint venture in India in a move to cut costs for developing and producing vehicles for emerging markets. The companies said at the time they expected to launch three new utility vehicles, starting with a midsize SUV, and also jointly develop electric vehicles for emerging markets.

Asked if those vehicles were now canceled, Reid said, “At this point, there’s nothing to talk about other than the joint venture isn’t going to happen.” Ford said its independent operations in India will continue.

A happy new year to all! These last three months have been the most difficult of my life due to some unexpected health issues, but I can gladly say that being a part of TSLA's run, and getting to share it here with you all, was a very bright spot (and life-changing opportunity) in an otherwise tough year.

Here's to even better times ahead.

Happy New Year's to all!

My wife just realized we have _.6 million dollars in TSLA stock and now wants to sell a bunch.

What do I do?!
Compromise is the key to a successful marriage. (Or in my case, agreeing with my wife is the key to a successful marriage.)

Offer to sell 100 shares and buy her whatever she wants.

Happy New Year!

Here in Norway it looks like we've been delivering cars to the end! 2021 is only 11 minutes old and when I check we have registered another 37 Teslas today bringing the total up to 108.

So 108 new Teslas registered today - 4,293 in December and 8,620 in total for the year. And with previous years added Tesla have sold 58,340 cars in Norway.

Norway is doing it's thing trying to prop up the share price - 4 more Teslas registered this evening. So 71 today.

With 7,5 hours or so left of 2020 Tesla has definately delivered in Norway!

67 new Teslas registered today - 4,284 in December and 8,544 in total for the year.

View attachment 622891

Source: Tesla Registration Stats

Registrations have stopped counting up for a while - they might have gotten the rest of the day off.

Hmmm. Not sure if I am willing to do that yet. Still today my wife and I for the 1st time because of estate planning we gifted each of our 3 kids $15K. Thanks Tesla for making Inheritance Tax something we need to think about.
I hope you realize, it's person-to-person, so you could each give $15k to each kid, $30k each.

Edit: and if Kid is married, $30k to Kid and another $30k to Mx. Kid.

Last edited:
I know we all like money, but lets also think of all the great things that Tesla has accomplished for it's mission this year as well. TSLA's stock has skyrocketed this year but I also feel as through their influence on the world to to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy has also skyrocketed.

1_a6d18362-b6b9-470b-8c0b-3e52a79b76c1_grande.jpg

Let's see what 2021 can do once we have Tesla GigaFactories on 3 continents instead of just 1. :D

I have absolutely no idea a) what you're talking about or b) what I'm looking at...

Options, to me, are a visceral thing. You can quote your delta, gamma, theta, whateva, but common sense trumps the lot, IMO.

P.S. don't try this at home, kids...

AND -- I have absolutely no idea what Lyc is talking about !

That should end the debate, or at the very least establish how dumb I am.​

* I refuse to confirm or deny whether I had to Google "visceral."

On a serious note: Sending my warmest regards and wishes you and yours for a happy, healthy, and...long...(heh) New Years!

Lastly, for those wondering...okay, nobody? Mom?!?
Yes.
You bet your a** I added TSLA shares today.
Last day of the year. Do you think I'm a monster!? Of course I had to keep the streak alive.

MUCH LOVE!
- AimStellar​

Happy New Year's to all!

My wife just realized we have _.6 million dollars in TSLA stock and now wants to sell a bunch.

What do I do?!
Sell 10 out of the money Calls that expire on Jan 2022 or later (it's called a leap). That'd sell 1000 shares on your chosen date if the price is at or above your chosen amount.
That should give you at least $100K starting at $1000 strikes. Strike is the price you will sell at on the date you chose if equal or above.
If it goes to or over $1000 at the end of the day the Call expires your wife gets her wish and you get more money than you would if you just sold them now.
If it is under $1000 on the day it expires you just get to keep the extra cash and your shares.

It might appease the wifey.

Plus as it approaches the $1000 strike marker you can show your wife and maybe she will change her mind. If that happens you can look for a point when you might be able to buy them back for less than you sold them for.

NOT ADVICE tho.