Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else enjoying the short squeeze on all these hedge funds?
Some of them might have been involved with TSLA's short as well seeing how they are connected to Citron.
One downside is that it's sucking money from all other stocks not involved in the squeeze, but it's a good trade off to see shorts getting decimated.

Disclaimer: I have no skin in the short squeeze game
The newly rich goofballs will need to put that money somewhere. TSLA is the biggest and most stable stock they might consider. A lot of them will even call Apple a "boomer stock".

I like the way Rob presents his analysis, specifically, it didn't hurt that he had a naked Asian giantess standing right behind his right shoulder the whole time. At first I didn't notice her but, once I saw her, I couldn't make her go away. :oops:

I was casually reading comments and almost did a spit take when I passed this one. lol

Previously someone also raised the safety issue of storing large amount of hydrogen but I would imagine that this problem is technologically solvable and the sites could be in remote locations as a precaution.
Not so far. Hydrogen cars have a "don't use after" date and require periodic dealer checks (one of the primary reasons why hydrogen gets promoted).

Around 400k of the governments 645k are specialized vehicles (military and mail trucks). Tesla doesn't need the distraction.
The US Military burns about 2/3rds of all the oil used by the country. This is not a 'distraction', this ths the MISSION.

Electric jets are a 2040s technology, but its coming, and Tesla will provide the batteries.

Maybe it's time for TMC to Investigate Gordon Johnson and where his backing is coming from. Possibly we could start a whole new discussion and see if we could find any information on him.

No, no, no!

Have you no understanding of his role? GLJ is OUR FRIEND!!!

Unless we are all done investing in TSLA, every CNBC, YouTube, etc. with Gordon spewing his drivel, he helps create more shorts, and lowers the SP, IN THE SHORT-TERM.

Think about it: For those of us still accumulating TSLA shares, GLJ is a gift . . . .

Q3. It was October. I remember it well. Up $50+ after hours when we were trading near $300 pre-split. That was a good day. :D

I remember that as well. This was just about the time I stumbled onto Tesla, had seen the flatline for all the preceding years and developed the conclusion that this was long overdue to pop. I couldn't get into it fast enough, with no market experience other than having followed metals for twenty years. It took a couple of weeks to get my first shares purchased and several more months as other liquid assets were moved into it.

It was like running downwind from a grass fire. I couldn't get funds from couch to chairs fast enough as the several paths to do so were only revealed to me as I scaled the learning curve.

Wow, what a rush that was! Not just a good day, but a dang fine year as well. :D Very possibly the best one of my life.

Covid? What's Covid? I didn't even notice it, beyond the buying opportunities it provided. :rolleyes:

Yeah, tree shaking is a thing and all that, but the markets are looking tired overall. Getting nailed across the board...except for those AMC calls I picked up on a whim at 3:59pm yesterday. Let’s see if that actually lasts into the open.

Don’t even know if blowout earnings which are in the bag will spike the SP for TSLA right now. Think markets would need some sort of surprise, which of course Elon is eminently capable of providing. Will be interesting for sure, but I have been getting killed in TSLA calls this week. Short terms have been grinding down even though SP has been moving up. IV declines can definitely trump delta in these cases.

ARKQ sold a small amount of TSLA yesterday, just trimmed it looks like.
Meanwhile, I already bought another 50 shares while asleep. Got room for 50 more if tempted.
On one hand, TSLA has gotten hammered on earnings day in the past. However, this time last year was when it all started to change for me. This is the year for million mile batteries and most of all, FSD. Don't wait for that beast to come out before getting a good mouthful of TSLA.

The article focuses especially on the problem of hydrogen transportation which does indeed kill hydrogen cars together with poor efficiency. However, coupling the hydrogen storage and consumption units locally to large windmill sites and/or a large solar farms would take away the need to transport the hydrogen. On the other hand, if renewable energy does indeed become as cheap as some are expecting, the efficiency loss wouldn't be as important for energy storage.

Previously someone also raised the safety issue of storing large amount of hydrogen but I would imagine that this problem is technologically solvable and the sites could be in remote locations as a precaution.

I'm not advocating the use of hydrogen cars at all and but I so far I haven't seen anything conclusive that would categorically kill hydrogen in the energy storage business. At least during the time when we have nowhere enough battery capacity to store massive amounts of green energy.

The easiest way to understand why it won't work may be by making two columns, one for renewable/battery and another for Hydrogen.

In the renewable, write each item that will cost some amount, PV panels, Batteries, installation, maintenance, etc. and mark each one as to whether it is a one-time cost or an ongoing cost.

Now, do the same in the Hydrogen column. Drilling for petroleum, construction and/or operation costs of refineries, transportation of both the raw and finished products, energy and other costs for processing petroleum to Hydrogen, storage and maintenance of storage for Hydrogen, ongoing monitoring of storage and transportation for safety reasons, etc. This list will be quite a bit longer than the one for renewable/battery power.

It becomes reasonably obvious at a casual glance how expensive a Hydrogen-based energy system will be by comparison. Orders of magnitude more costly than the renewable strategy. Many of these additional costs for producing, distributing and storing Hydrogen are ongoing, just go down the list and mark each that is not a one-time cost. (regardless of the fact that some infrastructure already exist, there are operational costs to tally up).

This list doesn't include environmental costs, as Hydrogen production from fossil fuel will add to the Carbon problem as well.

On the back of a napkin it should become blatantly clear how much the costs of Hydrogen will price it out of being competitive with renewables on a Kw by Kw basis. Beyond that, add up the ongoing costs for Hydrogen like safety, complexity of maintenance, and other recurring costs that Hydrogen will have and renewables/battery options won't.

The only practical reason to throw time and money at Hydrogen is to prop up a declining industry responsible for getting us into the mess we are trying to extract ourselves from by moving away from fossil fuels.

If we are going to make use of the assets of the petroleum industry, perhaps applying drilling rigs for geothermal energy production might be a better use of those resources.

Here's a good overview of the potential energy sources in a recent episode of Answers with Joe.

As a whole, this all bodes quite well for TSLA's position in the long term.

Last edited:
Anyone else enjoying the short squeeze on all these hedge funds?
Some of them might have been involved with TSLA's short as well seeing how they are connected to Citron.
One downside is that it's sucking money from all other stocks not involved in the squeeze, but it's a good trade off to see shorts getting decimated.
My concern is the market doesn't like disruption and WSB taking out big shorts could be a large destabilizing force for a market that's been expecting a correction. Futures are ugly at the moment.

I've made the mistake of arguing with ppl about elon's 420 funding secured tweet. Which bring me back to SEC corruption. It's a nice rabbit hole to dig into.

I got some retiring official's accusation of revolving doors and ppl actually don't prosecute big wallstreet execs because they want a job there. But other than that, any other SEC corruption we are aware of?

I can't believe I'm the only one posting in this thread
That's because everyone else read the MOD's request and moved to this thread: ;)

Meanwhile, even though NASDAQ has summarily and abruptly cut off all public access to Pre-Market and After-hrs trading info, we can still get a glimpse of Pre-market SP action by viewing TL0 in Frankfurt:

TL0.chart.2021-01-27.09-30ET.png

Cheers!